We're Seeing Today What A Joke The UT Fanbase Is.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 11, 2014.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Give Dooley another shot at UGA his last season and I bet he wins. Just had to take away the loser plays

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn't say the game was close. Is there no middle ground between "close" and "blowout?"

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

So a hypothetical close game. Awesome moral victories you're cooking up there.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

http://8thmaxim.com/site/forum/showthread.php?t=12109

- Lawvol

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Said nothing about moral victories. Just said it wasn't a blowout.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

[video=youtube;qD5GtohtRYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD5GtohtRYU[/video]

7. InVolNerable

4 score differential is a blowout.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I wasn't aware that we are incapable of looking at any type of evidence aside from point differential. My mistake.

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

What is a blowout in your mind?

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure I have a well-defined set of criteria. Every game is different.

I guess I might say if a team never had a hope of winning throughout the game (obviously there are some holes in the theory, like if a team scores first and then loses 56-7). If we score on that pick 6 play, it's a 10 point game with 11 minutes to go. Is that a game capable of being kept close? A game where the losing team could possibly come back?

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I thought we were competitive. I think you're supposed to win games or something though. That might be the important thing.

12. InVolNerable

We almost scored more points and could've held them to fewer points, so it wasn't a blowout...

What a ****ing retarded analysis.

13. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

.........something vexes thee?

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If you are going to do that for Tennessee, you have to do it for Oklahoma. Take away their two turnovers and any other plays that may have been a **** up and the outcome is likely the same.

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Not at all. I'm just past the point of rescue on celebrating not getting 70-10 by mediocre teams.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10-27 with 11 minutes to go in the 4th, our defense has been dominating the second half, we have the ball on their three yard line. None of you guys were thinking, man, if we punch this thing in we might have a chance at winning this thing?

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A turnover and a turnover in the end zone aren't the same thing. Both are mistakes, and neither can be taken away, I get that. I'm not making excuses for anyone. Im just saying that a turnover in the end zone could VERY easily be a TD with the slightest of adjustments. It doesn't rely on any other plays for a TD. Take away a turnover in the middle of the field and it has just as much of a chance of resulting in a punt three downs later as it does anything else.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If we score there, making it 27-17, and then nobody scores for the rest of the game, is it still a blowout?

19. InVolNerable

But we didn't punch it in. In fact, we did the complete opposite. It doesn't matter what might have possibly could've maybe happened; all that matters is what happened. And what happened is we got blown out.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There isn't a one play difference between a blowout and not a blowout. If one play going differently can make it not a blowout, it's not a ****ing blowout.