2011 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Sep 29, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

The pinch-runner Martinez. He ended up scoring anyway, but yeah, good stuff by Theriot there.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yeah... Just a heads up play though I guess. Not many infielders are ballsy enough to hold him that hard. They'll make the initial pump, then make sure they get the easy out. Theriot knew he had all kinds of time.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The average fan hates the downtime. I'll readily about that I even struggle to watch a full game during midseason.

But playoff baseball is as good as it gets for me. The only thing that compares is Augusta and Ryder Cup time.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This D-Back team is taking on the attitude of their manager of never quitting.

They just won't go away. I've waited on them to fold all year.

5. volinbham

volinbham Member

Did I hear correctly that this was the 4th straight home game for the D-backs with a Grand Salami? Holy crap.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That was fun.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Can we NEVER bring up anything about that man? I'm tempted to use my mod powers for my own good. Kind of like PJ or Milo

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Not a fan of Gibby I see.

9. volinbham

volinbham Member

Brew crew sneaking back into this after giving up 5 in the first

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yeah... there's a certain moment that I wish I could never see again.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I know. Had to pick at the scab a bit.

12. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

What a move there by ***** to pull Saunders to try and get more runs, and it works.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Rare compliment for Theriot's defense. I think he made 9.78 * 10^22 errors this season. And I had to turn down an offer to accompany CardinalVol to the game tonight. But I still had beer.

14. Vader

Vader New Member

Bitter A's fan alert

15. WM

WM Active Member

Wow, Benoit almost hung himself out to dry there.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Down goes the largest payroll in baseball.

17. WM

WM Active Member

Really looking forward to the Tigers/ Rangers series. I'm going Tigers in 6.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Due to a terrible migraine last night, missed the game live. Watched the replay at 4 this morning. And pissed that I did.

Pissing away chances all game long, and all series at that. When you go 0-4 with the bases full and 2-9 with RISP, you deserve to lose. A-Rod regressed back to his choke job self. And Teixeira hitting .167 didn't help either.

The disappointment was expected though. Detroit was not a team any Yankee fan wanted to face. However, it's a bitter pill to swallow for myself when I realized that I've most likely watched Jorge Posada play his last game in pinstripes. The Yankee greats of my lifetime are fading away. That, more than anything, is what makes last nights elimination sting.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Good call NYY- at least Jorge had a strong finish with this series... good lasting memory. And as a side note, I don't have the words to express how much I despise A-Rod.

20. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Nice time for axford's first BS since April.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk