2014 Midterm Election- Results/What's to come

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Nov 5, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

As long as old people die, and America keeps getting less white, I'll like the Dems' chances in full election years.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have heard it said; If you are not a Liberal when you are young then you have no Heart; if you are not a Conservative when you are old then you have no Brain.

Funny how opinions change over time.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unless you are saying new people are being born at 65 + years of age. Then I am indeed worried.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

young people and minorities don't vote.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people's political opinions change as they age. this isn't exactly new information.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Churchill, right? I'm not sure that is as true as it once may have been. Folks see politics as "teams" now, and aren't quick to change loyalties.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well congratulations on your Republican dynasty that will stand for 1,000 years, guys.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

It's silly to pretend like demographics are in the democrats favor long term.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Browns vs. Raiders IMO

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I think that there is a great many who are Fiscal Conservative/Social Liberal or Fiscal Liberal/Social Conservative whose team changes.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The blue state Obamacare silliness is where you went off the rails. There is a damned good reason that pricing has been withheld for next year. You can do anything with an unlimited budget.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Just as your Liberal dynasty has fallen, so will this Conservative. Everything is cyclical.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think people's opinions change that much, but the things considered conservative or progressive/liberal do change. A liberal in the 1960s may not want same sex marriage, immigration reform or whatever that might be requisite issues for liberals today. Most people who are of a certain political persuasion at 20-25 will be that way for the rest of their life, it's just that social changes might make their formerly liberal views more status quo in modern times.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I take it you didn't look at my chart.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I take it that you didn't look at my reasoning. A person in the 1950s would be liberal supporting the Civil Rights Movement, but that same person holding a similar view in 2014 wouldn't necessarily be so.

Time would definitely favor Democrats, if the parties never evolve their ideology, but they do and will. The two parties won't look the same when we reach our senior years.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The poll was asked them what they identify themselves as. In other words a significant percentage of people who self identified as liberals 20 years later self identified themselves as moderates or conservatives. If your opinions haven't changed, I very much doubt you all of sudden decide you aren't a liberal anymore.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

War against white people.

Who's gonna pay the taxes?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a wealth tax is only a generation away. book it. all these high earnings leaving the workforce will kill us.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, if you're saying 3 out of 4, I'll take it.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that a Ross Perot quote?