2014 Midterm Election- Results/What's to come

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Nov 5, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I find it interesting they say there isn't a shortage because wages are flat, yet are arguing that companies are bringing in these people to undercut wages. that's pretty contradictory. shouldn't wages be dropping if there isn't a shortage of workers and they are bringing in people to cut wages?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

All that you describe are minor and did not impact the environment. More of the Oil that traveled through the pipeline was lost after entering tankers than leaked from the pipeline. Sounds like pipelines should be encouraged and tankers banned.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Comparing gallons, I'm not sure trucks don't come out ahead. Regardless, you are moving the goalpost.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The major studies has shown that it is safe. It hasn't been removed off of the table as option because of unions, so if they pass it that puts Obama in a interesting position

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how am I moving the goalposts? it has to be safer to have a pipeline then transporting by trucks.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Didn't impact the environment? How did you determine this?

And you are moving the goalposts as well. I said they leaked. You seemed to suggest they don't. Well, they do. Often. I only brought up one pipeline system you specifically mentioned. I could easily go through more that have had larger leaks. We don't want to run a pipleline through the Sand Hills and over the world's most important aquifer. We really don't.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I said pipelines leak. It was implied and stated that they didn't. I demonstrated that they in fact do, and often. Now you are saying "but how much?", as if the issue here wasn't related to where this pipeline is running through.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

who said they never leak? my original post was that they were safer. not that they never leak.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Tankers, trucks, refineries have the type of leaks that you describe and worse. The Dems fight pipelines because of a supposed negative effect on the environment of a massive leak. You seem to be moving the goalpost.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll take that bet. Easy money.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's public health and environmental risk involved in every delivery method.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I am not moving shit. I said they leaked. You implied they didn't by saying the Alaskan pipeline proved otherwise. I demonstrated that you were wrong, it in fact proved my point. They leak. They all do. Whether trucks, refineries, or noses leak as well are all secondary to the original claim: pipelines DO leak. Whatever negative effects occur from the leaks, while pertinent to the discussion, are also deflections of the original disagreement: pipelines DO leak. It is a simple, irrefutable premise. I suppose that is why you are trying to skip past it now.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seemed unlikely to me too, but thankfully we are not very likely to get earthquakes of that magnitude.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Very unlikely to ever see one like that. If we did, the pipeline would probably be outside of the top 3 concerns.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

That's why it's pointless to debate policy here which wasn't my intention. It's my fault for thinking it would be any different.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Your car leaks; better stop building cars. You know the fear mongering Dems use the threat of an environmental disaster block the building of pipelines; not a bullet hole by a drunk idiot.

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm a good for the goose/good for the gander guy often at my own detriment and against my own beliefs. Call it spite if you must.