2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

the only thing that would really surprise me is if the the Big 10 does well. I expect, as do many of you, that when the single digit seed opponents show up, they start folding quick.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

UCLA making a run seems to be a trendy pick.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A lot of people are saying Iowa is going to make a run. I just don't see it.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They're talented and they know how to do it.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They tossed the Jonah overboard

IP likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well dang. Just noticed some wrong answers on the key. Now I have Texas Tech making a run over Duke and Gonzaga and Mich St over Davidson.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Colorado State is actually playing hard.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why wouldn't they?

Indy likes this.
  9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Why are we interviewing coaches in the middle of a half?

IP likes this.
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

I switched my pick to CSU since the Michigan PG is out.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not watching. How bad are these Michigan turnovers? 8 already with 7 minutes to go in the half makes me think we'd eat them alive.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So anyway, my thoughts.

I've followed Tennessee basketball since 1988 fairly closely. Even with the team at the turn of the century, the Lofton teams, the elite 8 game, the 18 and 19 teams, I've never been this confident going into the tournament. This team just feel different. It's always been a mix of 90% hope/10% confidence, even the best of years. It's different this year. They have the talent to make a Final Four run, bracket be damned. They check all the boxes. Yes they are going to need luck along the way, but man they've got the pieces.

Now go and do it.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

We would but the pg could be back for Saturday.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Guards and rebounding. That's all they need.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

1997 instead of 1988, but same otherwise. I am not usually super negative nor am I a sunshine pumper. Besides having a star point guard, depth, and consistent defense, we also have culture and level of maturity that makes me think there is more potential here than any time I have been watching before.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

IDK, ask Juwon Howard why his bunch looks so sluggish.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It may be irrelevant.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'd say we had culture with the Grant/Admiral team as well. This team does seem to have something different though.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because they are without their starting PG and feel embarrassed to be there with their 14 losses and not having won back to back games in forever.

Indy and A-Smith like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

And we've had star point guards before, etc. But we have it all in quantities that Grant/Admiral team didn't.

To my point, we are referring to that as the Grant/Admiral team. What 2 players would we refer to this team as? We wouldn't. It's a Chandler/Zeigler/Vescovi/JJJ team. This is a multi-headed monster.