All things NIL

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jul 20, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Do what we want how we want it and maybe we’ll give you a cookie

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Vs now, when no one gets a cookie??? They lost nothing.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Totalitarian dickhead

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, this isn't making sense. This is cap. By the same logic, you're a totalitarian dickhead right now.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right now, no one gets any guarantee of health care. And y'all want to pretend like having some coverage guaranteed is bad because some people are fat, THEN say considering or incentivizing not being fat is totalitarian? Then you're totalitarian for saying no one can get guaranteed coverage because some people are fat.

Lol, wtf? Y'all are knee jerk against it because you think it will take more money out of your pocket. You'd rather pay more to insurance companies than less to a nonprofit system. And call anything other than being ripped off and held hostage totalitarian?! You must not know what that means.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I literally said if I were in charge I would negotiate and think we could find a middle ground, the polar opposite of totalitarian. Sincerely, you are being a [uck fay]ing moron here.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Imagine if you laughed every once in awhile

warhammer and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No guarantee of healthcare isn’t exactly correct. We did trauma cases for uninsured everyday. Most had no money and none had insurance Hospitals just ate the cost. In TN, Medicaid or similar will cover every pregnancy. No woman has to have a baby without insurance

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No one cares more about people without understanding people than IP

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Freedom is not freedom from responsibilities or consequences. You'd have freedom to be as fat as you like, the consequence is you'd pay more.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The NCAA sucks but I don’t care much for the idea of government run college athletics. Everything DC touches turns to shit

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Missing the forest for the trees here man.

Incentivizing not being fat? Do you hear yourself? Believing in that betrays a very basic understanding of how our country works. There are too many incentives for big food conglomerates, insurance companies and pharma in the first place which is mostly why people are fat.

This is the Obamacare trap. We can’t defeat the moneyed interests and lobbyists so let’s create some policy that will exist alongside the framework the corporate interests want and that has no prayer of helping. With all due respect I know your heart is in the right place but you say people don’t wanna see money come out of their pockets and you’re wrong. They don’t want to pay more for something that WILL NEVER WORK.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm all for controlling how much NIL money players get as soon as we get something sorted out that limits how much salary/incentives/endorsement money that coaches get.

Also, fatties deserve equal health care to non-fatties and everyone should get it at no cost. This isn't a difficult concept.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hear myself, I just don't believe things can't be better. We are not in some optimum state of the American dream.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is so special about the USA that the rest of the world can make it work but for some reason, we cannot?

EDIT:

ACTUALLY, going to stop talking about this in the NIL thread, this needs to be in the political forum.

16. HCKevinSteele

I feel like I’m being clear and it’s somehow not coming through the way I intend.

I 100% agree things can be better. I 100% agree we are not in some optimum state of the American dream.

An incentive to lose weight might be the perfect example though of a well intentioned but self evidently worthless policy.

The only way to turn things around is to take a big fat bite out big food, insurance companies and pharma. Reduce the influence of lobbyists. Create new laws for anything that should obviously be illegal or simply enforce the existing ones. Doing these things may feel like an impossibility right now but it is our only hope.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We've made being fat beautiful

18. HCKevinSteele

We can. That’s the thing. We can. But more money than you can comprehend stands to be lost if we do better so powerful interests don’t want that.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Imagine if this country was founded on the level of quit and "wah its hard" that we have today. Are we Americans or the [dadgum] French?

SetVol13, Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Whatever comrade.