Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SetVol13, Nov 1, 2011.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Uggla released. Might be a good time for a vacation. I've heard Ukraine is nice this time of year.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

But what about those forearms?

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Guess there's only one thing left that they'll be good for.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Mechanic stuff.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yep. Lots and lots of cranking.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Congratulations to all the Braves inducted this weekend. However, someone needs to take Maddux to the side and say "Greg, you don't have to eat ALL of the donuts."

And as a Cubs fan, I live vicariously through Maddux's World Series victory with the Braves.

7. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Have you ever heard all of the stories about his clubhouse pranks? The guy was pretty disgusting. Shitting in people's shoes, etc., etc.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Uggla goes 0 for 8 with 5 strike outs and 3 errors. Good pickup San Fran.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My favorite is how he would take people's toothbrush and scrub his a**crack with it. Freaking disgusting but kind of funny. Such is the life of a baseball clubhouse.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would attempt to kill him

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I would too if I was on the receiving end. If it was John Rockers toothbrush I would be laughing my arse off.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Also, I wonder how much of it has come down as myth.

"I didn't say half the things I said." - Yogi Berra

13. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Maybe some of it myth but there are too many stories out there for a lot of it not to be true. No matter what, the guy was amazing on the mound. Not only that, but he rarely failed to lay down the perfect bunt. Hell, he even stole bases when they needed him to. Well deserved induction.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

What isn't mythical about him is that he's one of the biggest *******s off the field.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pete Van Wieren passed away.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Damn. He was my personal favorite.

17. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

His book is a great read.

18. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I was a Skip Caray guy, but those guys made Braves games worth watching when they were a AAAA team. Godspeed, Pete.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I enjoyed Skip more as well. But they all complimented each other. The days back when the Braves and Cubs were all I could ever watch, I became fans of the broadcasters. Skip's tangents and one liners were probably the best in the business.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm old enough that I'm a radio guy. Marty, Joe, Buck, Shannon, Harwell, Miller. The Atlanta guys held their own. They were all good, except maybe Darell Chaney.