Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SetVol13, Nov 1, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

They made the game alive. That is what the best do. Caray, Van Wieren, Johnson, and the rest made a shitty team interesting til the pitching showed up. TBS should have a running payment to them.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

So, the first step has happened. Wren has been fired. Schuerholz, John Hart (the interim gm), and Bobby Cox are apparently forming a little search committee to find the next general manager. I'm not sure why Gonzales still has a job. GTFO Fredi.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cox and Schuerholz done gave Fredi a vote of confidence today.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fredi is Bobby's boy.

6. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Yeah I know and I've stopped watching the games. **** em. He's the worst in game manager in the bigs and it's not close.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I actually think he makes better decisions than Bobby did (neither will be confused with Tony LaRussa.) Fredi's downfall is that he cannot manage a locker room. The troughs are too many and too deep. Long losing streaks are his specialty.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure John McGraw could manage an 1800-strikeout lineup.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I agree that Wren was problemo uno. The Upton contract is just baffling.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Followed by the Uggla and Chris Johnson extensions along with trading Texiera to LAA for Kotchman.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

goooaaaah i forgot about that

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Along with the genius that thought Gattis could be an everyday catcher.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'd take him as an every day catcher and cut my losses defensively before I'd allow 2 Paul Bako clones to contribute nothing while occupying my 40-man a whole year.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I still wonder if Wren is smart enough to draft Trout over an unproven 18 year old pitcher with that pick.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Although I liked them on TV, I always thought the Braves guys did a better job on the radio.

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Payroll is problem #1.

When the Braves were winning pennants, they were top 3 or 4 in payroll in the league every year. They had players on the staff, in the pen, and in the lineup. They are currently dead in the middle.

This is a franchise designed to be in the 2nd wild-card race sometime in September, and that's what they do. Maybe the management or personnel decisions could be marginally better, but until they start spending money like the best in the league, they aren't going to beat them regularly.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd really appreciate if they would win one of the next three. Two of three would be great.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't worry. Satan will gladly make it happen.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What's it matter? You guys have insta-wins the next couple of days.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Because if Pittsburgh loses too the magic number goes down twice as fast!