Atlanta Braves Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by SetVol13, Nov 1, 2011.

1. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

That's right ... SUCK IT NATS & PHILLIES!!

Yeah ... they'll cool down I'm sure and I still won't trust them in October should they happen to be there. It's fun to watch them win but I'm tired of seeing them burn up the regular season and play like a high school team in October. I think the offense may be pretty lethal all year tho.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see Maholm is going to keep pitching like he's doing. He's scored more runs than he's allowed.

Both Uptons are extremely streaky too

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think 95 wins is extremely possible. Justin Upton is a legitimate MVP talent. I think he'll bat .280-.300 with 30-40 HRs Hopefully BJ actually improves on his current .163. We need someone who can get on base at the top of the order and I'm afraid that will be our achilles heal. Still can't believe we are paying him 15 million a year. Maholm will definitely come back to earth, but he's going to be a quality starter.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Prepare Braves fans, regression is going to be a dirty *****.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Haters gonna hate! In all seriousness they're playing good ball right now but they aren't overachieving by that much. Still missing folks too...

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They're slightly overachieving in the W-L column (should be 10-2 according to pythagoream formula). Hitting stats won't go down that much though (14th in MLB in BA). Pitching likely will (MLB leading 1.82 ERA will likely finish about a run worse). They're an above average staff. If they win 60% of their games from here on out, that's 101 total wins.

(Also, emain needs to gtfo.)

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I could do without the music but everyone loves the long ball!

[video=youtube;0xa6sXzhhYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xa6sXzhhYc[/video]

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'm just referring to Maholm and and the Upton MVP talk.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Just warming up.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm waiting til October

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

At least you're willing to admit that October Braves talk will be necessary.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Jason mother****in' Heyward

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Justin mother****in' Upton

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Dan mother****in' Uggla

15. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

My god, what a run! I know they can't sustain this, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Outside of Simmons, everybody in the Braves' lineup is capable of hitting 25 to 30 home runs with a full season of at bats.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As they're getting swept by a wild card team, I'll say the Diamondbacks

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I think that they will be 7-3 and 8-2 most stretches for the rest of the year.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

You're just hating now.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

The bats are hot, but the pitching has been phenomenal.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Streak looks like it may come to an end. Braves are down by one with 1 out remaining.