Austin Peay thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 9, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

People do act like he never threw an incomplete pass sometimes.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They need to catch those, and Milton needs to throw with more accuracy and less pace on some of them. He even threw a high 90 mph to the rb 5 yards away. Those are going to get tipped and picked. Drops are contagious too. The way Thornton looked on the sideline kinda looked like a kid in kickball scared to death when the ball is in the air coming to him. All he was thinking about is “don’t drop it.” Can tell by the way he looked when it got to him.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It hit him in the hands and no one was within 5 yards of him, the ball should have been caught. The pass wasn't great but it's got to be caught

warhammer and SetVol13 like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton hasn't rifled one to anyone yet, though.

5. Ssmiff

yeah he needs to catch at that level but asking a big guy running lateral to twist his body and catch a hot throw on his back shoulder isn’t ideal. Just take some off and lead him

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah...or just catch it. Milton hasn't been perfect but a lot of catchable throws have hit the turf.

7. Ssmiff

Got to dump this to the rb on 3rd down

Attached Files:

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Everything is a half a second off offensively, I don't think it's all Milton but Heupel isn't going to tolerate much more before he gets the hook.

Milton presses when things don't go right, he did a good job calming down against UVA, he didn't get a chance against APSU. Heupel screened and screened some more and went home.

I do think the offensive play calling is going to get more diverse against UF, more designed qb runs, more shots downfield, more true read options

So, Milton hasn't been bad but he hasn't been great, he's not going to get too many more chances imo to get it going.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or just run past the sticks

PilotFlyingJ and Ssmiff like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s not just about the passes themselves. There was some poor decision making.

11. Ssmiff

Ball needs to be lofted towards the dot

Attached Files:

utvol0427 and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Look what a big TE has to do instead

Attached Files:

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know this isn’t about our game in particular, but is there a team in the SEC who hasn’t had a stinker yet?

Everyone on our schedule looks even more beatable (for the good teams) or more “no excuse to lose to these guys” (for the less good teams). I’m less confident about us than I was last week, but I’m also less worried about the teams we’re playing. Whole conference has just had a garbage start to the season.

TDVol1989, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think this is the byproduct of the portal.

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It hit his hands

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There aren't too many in the game today that are hauling that one in. That's a pass with a low degree of difficulty that Milton made near impossible to catch.

17. Ssmiff

Also needs to be mentioned these teams going for it on 4th down all over the field changes the plan for them offensively. They are working with 4 plays to make 10 yards instead of 3.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You catch that ball as a scholarship athlete. Was it a hard catch? Yeah. Could Milton have made it easier on him? Sure but you have to make that catch

warhammer likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm waiting on the zapruder film of Thornton dropping the one that hit him the chest and people arguing it's Joe's fault too

LawVol16 likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Haven’t seen anybody say the sideline pass was a bad throw.