Beer

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Aug 16, 2011.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I picked up some kind of high alcohol beer called Karpackie in the Polish section of one of the big local grocery stores the other day. It's 9%, a little sweet, and kicking my lightweight butt. I'm about 250 mL in, and I'm feeling it.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Well shit my Kroger doesn’t have a Polish section

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh, and I am so looking forward to the Christmas season. Picked this up a couple weeks ago.
    20201123_181126_compress95.jpg

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

There's one store around here that has Russian, Polish, Turkish, and something else interesting that I'm leaving out. The American section is so pitiful though. It's sandwiched between the Russian and Turkish aisles, and the stuff in it is embarrassing. I should take a picture. It's root beer, easy cheese, and other similar products some of which definitely aren't American in origin

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They spelled "beer" and "specialization" wrong.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Du einfacht keine verstand.

Edit: Or, something like that.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Du.

Du hast.

Du hast mich.

warhammer likes this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I got my wife the wine one. I wish they made a whiskey one.

warhammer likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That would be cool. The way the market has gone one of the conglomerates could do this fairly easily.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Founders KBS Espresso is outstanding.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yes, it is

The KNS Maple Mackinac Fudge is even better

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

20201202_122406_resize_97.jpg
    Had the first beer from the Adventskalendar. Its nearing sicky-sweet covered with hops flavor reminded me of a scene from a great movie.

[​IMG]

I have not missed the generic US IPA. While this wasn't one, nor claimed to be one, it was close enough to remind me of it.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

How many of these thick or chocolatey fudgy beers can you drink over 2-3 hours? They spund filling

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

My wife likes them too so we usually buy a few different ones and split them.

They also tend to be high alc (10% all the way up to around 20%) so you generally don't want to sit around and drink too many or they will catch up to you fast if you are drinking whole ones. That and a 4 pack of the KBS varieties we are talking about usually run you around 25 dollars so more of a special occasion

So to answer your question, in a sitting I will usually only drink 1 or 2 if I am drinking full beers or 3 or 4 if we have a variety and are tasting/splitting them.

Every now and then one of the stores will have draft of a Bourbon County, KBS, or some other limited beer and we'll get a growler so you are looking at 4ish pints. I usually want to drink the whole growler once opened because they quickly degrade, that can get a little rough near the end if it's a heavy one.

Ssmiff and chavisut like this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I guess it really depends for me.

I like stouts and porters, but I don’t want to drink more than a couple at a time. They tend to hang around in my fridge longer than “lighter” (using that term very loosely).

Also, with the seasonal releases like BCS and Cold Mountain, I want to make them last so I don’t drink them all at once.

Here’s some of the dark beers I’ve had recently, off the top of my head:

Cold Mountain
    Moo-Hoo
    Mexican Chocolate Moo-Hoo
    12 Bones Peanut Butter Porter

chavisut likes this.
  16. chavisut

What emain said. I typically will only drink one a sitting and that’s enough for me.

Same goes for the IPAs I typically drink.

17. chavisut

I’ll have to check it out. Maple is hit or miss for me.

Got a few Bourbon Counties I’m pumped to try out.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I missed them all this year, but I hear the Birthday in particular is outstanding

19. chavisut

Yeah....I really wanted to get my hands on that and the Anniversary but only got the standard.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I chickened out and just got a 6 of Shinerbock instead.
    One of the few beers that im not allergic to or whatever it is when you cant breathe and get stuffed up nose after drinking. Ipas do not do well for me