Bernie Sanders doesn't care about hair questions

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The question is how bad does Obama hate the Clintons and his desire to replace them if he could make a power void with them out of the picture

2. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

i was for biden in '88. no monkey business with him.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Would it be more toxic for President Obama to issue Hillary a last second and blanket pardon (oh, the waves of pardon that will flow in his little time left), or to risk her facing the music?

If it's handled like the rest of the Administrations moves, it'll be after they see what the dirt is, and then, they'll hold it for as long as humanly possible.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"What It Takes: The Way to the White House" by Cramer is in regards to the '88 election, and is an excellent read.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If he pardons her, it needs to come with a public statement that she needs retire from public life.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think he could beat Trump, Carson, maybe Cruz, and the B debate squad.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You mean Joe Biden?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're huffing gas or something. Biden has no prayer.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Not exactly. According to this, the average GOP voter isn't in lock-step with the GOP establishment positions on several issues. That's why Trump scares the GOP establishment so much. He doesn't favor cutting Social Security or Medicaid. That's the pro-business at any cost wing of the GOP's pet project.:

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/17/9164241/donald-trump-issues

Emphasis mine.
    *http://www.people-press.org/2013/02/22/as-sequester-deadline-looms-little-support-for-cutting-most-programs/

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Those programs will be forced to be cut due to the fact that they're unsustainable in their current state. That's the issue with the truth is that it happens rather we like it or not, but I know not cutting them sounds way better and is easier sell to voters.

Raising the floor for wages sounds good too, till some people can't meet the added productivity that must go with it and is priced out of the labor market as well.

11. JayVols

Trump says he will make us richer so there's no need for cuts. I'm not trying to debate whether it's needed or not. I know where policy debates go on here, nowhere. I'm not going down that road. My point is, the average GOP voter isn't as right as the GOP establishment when it comes to these policies. Trump is more in line with these voters than the establishment. That's why he scares them, and that's why those that dismiss him as a flash-in-the-pan candidate only getting traction because of bellicose speeches do so at their own peril.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yeah, I don't see it either.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yes. He's a joke, but I think he could beat the people a lot of Republicans hate.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The problem has been the other way around: wages have not met the added productivity.

[​IMG]

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

most voters are old and most republicans are old. not exactly shocking they don't want that cut.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I dont' consider trump particularly left at all..

17. JayVols

Agreed. That's why Trump scares the shit out of the GOP.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  18. JayVols

This is the issue with our politics. I said that the average GOP voter and Trump aren't "as right". That somehow gets twisted/misinterpreted into the idea I'm claiming he's left.....

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think the GOP brass is trying to paint him as a liberal.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

aren't as right as whom? i'm suggesting I don't think trump is further left than the average gop politician. if anything he's further right on a lot of issues.