Butchisms

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Aug 12, 2013.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I thought the wood chopper was Jack Del Rio. Didn't someone get injured chopping wood?

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Jack Del Rio brought us [ddiapos] when he turned down USC..F him.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

#jdriapos?

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

5. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I think his kicker missed the wood and hit himself in the foot or leg.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Didn't he have like a .500 record.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Considering where Rutgers was when he arrived, that's impressive. If Miami had elevated him instead of Coker, they'd still be national title contenders annually.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I can agree with this.

Truth is, I really don't have a preference as far as a coach's personality. I really don't.

I don't care if they are as seemingly aloof like Carroll or straight-laced liked Saban. I don't care if they are old or young, have ties to Tennessee or not, or an offensive of defensive-minded coach.

Just win.

9. Tenacious D

And then are these little slices of heaven, from Butch (per Woodbury with KNS):

Imagine the difference that hearing comments like this - 1000% true, BTW - may have caused to occur with some players in the last several years?

Where can I order a tshirt with this shit emblazoned on it? Or when will I see #BigEastVols or #unwillingToWork or #PVWD (Phony Vol While Driving)?

Link: http://knoxblogs.com/evanseleven/20...es-and-observations-from-the-morning-session/

10. hatvol96

I certainly have a preference. Give me a modern day Barry Switzer or Jimmy Johnson. Of course, guys are afraid to have any personality for fear of offending someone. Modern football coaches are, by and large, a bunch of film watching droids. I hate most of them.

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Butch Jones! Yeah he's gonna kick your ass! Yeah he's gonna kick your ass! Yeah he's gonna kick your ass! Butch Jones!

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I wish there was a modern equivalent to Paul Brown: old school personality but innovative and not afraid to try new things.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can someone explain the black stripe thing to me? Is that a sort of symbol of when you have "made it" as part of the team when a new comer, when it is removed?

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's making them "earn their stripes" so to speak. Once you've contributed to the team in some way the black stripe is removed and orange stripe is revealed, i.e. "you are now part of the team". Only like six freshman have orange stripes at the moment.

Don't shoot the messenger. Just what I've gathered from the interwebz.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh. Sounds like it could motivate some.

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Urban Meyer has done it since his Bowling Green days.

17. Tenacious D

Your assigned "Big Brother" removes it.

18. hatvol96

I like that.

19. hatvol96

I don't like that.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems a little... Spartan.