Butchisms

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Aug 12, 2013.

1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

because it's something to complain about, imo. Which is fine. I just think people should remember what it was like on the field or court at 18-19 years old and the crazy stuff that motivated them during practice or games when they were younger.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He can have them put flowers in their hair, hold hands, and sing we are the world while having a tea party dressed as Winnie the Pooh characters for all I care if it means they beat bammer.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pete was corny at times, but not in butch's league.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

bingo

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what motivates kids is winning the day, holding them accountable, and getting laid. not bricks.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Notice how little we've heard about Volympics.

Some of you just make everything a much bigger deal than it is.

So he throws up a pic of a brick. When be signs the best class we've had in years, who will really care.

Maybe Sunny D should take a few lessons in cornball recruiting droski

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the volympics was rightfully pointed out as idiotic. i hope to god this isn't what's landing said recruits because it's certainly going to look like an awful lot of BS if the vols go 6-6 as people here are predicting.

Dykes isn't recruiting at an acceptable level currently certainly. You won't hear me defend that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  9. limpleg

Tell the truth Monday is pretty corny and clicheish

10. chavisut

No, it was made out a much bigger deal than it actually was by many on here.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you think "tell the truth monday" was ever uttered to an USC recruit you are kidding yourself.

12. limpleg

who the hell said Butch is building a program around clichés? He's doing it to get attention, build a team atmosphere, and convince talent that they need to be a part of the family. The program will be built on the field and in the locker room. Anybody who has played a sport knows that.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You were dead on.

Had to be from Mizzou on that one.

But you were right.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it certainly seems to be a big part of his identity. i don't give two shits frankly. but you are kidding yourself if you think it's not a little strange and out there.

15. Tenacious D

I worry that it could be used to create some sense of blind allegiance, or serve to in any way distract from the one and only true measurement of the success or failure of a coach:

Championships.

As you've now long had first-hand experience, Dros, Tennessee fans are adept at asserting and defending the greatness - or even competency - of any coach, based on any number of stupid shit that is of absolutely no importance.

Its sort of like having a friend who jumps from one abusive relationship to another....and how your ears naturally perk up whenever they say that they are certain that this new guy is different, because he has yet to hold a gun to their head, or has only smacked and no punched them.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Wild bois.

17. Tenacious D

Legit LOL.

Well done.

18. chavisut

Dramatic much.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal