Bye Bye Obamacare

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 6, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes that is the problem. it's so screwed up that minor tweaks aren't going to do shit. maybe we can blow it up somehow and still not just have a single payer option? beats me

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Medicine seems to have advanced further than our society. If we all took better care of ourselves collectively, it'd make things more economical no matter the system.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But no one is taking away life by not providing treatment. Just like if a tornado blows your house away nobody took it. Both events suck, but I don't think either is protected by the Bill of Rights.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's amazing to me how many somewhat intelligent people I know who do not know how to cook even remotely healthy and also eat most of the meals out and think nothing of it. Don't get me wrong, I could stand to lose a few, but I at least know how to fix the problem if I chose to.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Doesn't help that we subsidize the hell out of corn and soy. Basically we artificially lower the cost of foods that are bad in large quantities. Which causes us a ton of health related issues, that the tax payer gets stuck with again.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

But if it is that situation, defendants have a right to a qualified, competent attorney.

7. JayVols

Take away is not the words used. Withholding healthcare can deprive people of life.

Tornadoes aren't a form of govt.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

My gf is saying the proposed bill will charge people with lapses an additional 30% for each year they were without coverage? Is that true? Are we just saying **** the poor?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why are these parents being sent to prison for not bringing their sick kids to a doctor, then?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You realize if they don't do that everyone will just wait till they get sick to apply right?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It can, but it seldom does. Typically if you are about to die, you get the healthcare regardless of your ability to pay.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same reason they would if they didn't feed their kids. They have dependents and are expected to provide for them. The cashier at Kroger isn't getting hauled off.

13. JayVols

And it's paid to the insurance company......They be like:

[youtube]GXE_n2q08Yw[/youtube]

14. JayVols

That just seems bassackwards to me. You're healthy? Not gonna do anything. You're dying? We're gonna spend a mint on you. Wouldn't it be cheaper to have healthier populations due to preventative care? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Lots of wisdom in old country sayings.

15. JayVols

Welcome to owning healthcare, GOP.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/322861-aarp-rips-gops-harmful-healthcare-legislation

Death Tax- BAD! Age Tax- GOOD!

And these people vote.

"This plan is about patients"

-Tom Price

It sure is. It's about patients paying more to insurance companies and getting less in return.

#Republicare. Who knew this healthcare stuff was so complicated? Welcome to the show, boys.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I seriously doubt it's going to change lifestyle changes that would lead to being cheaper.

Hell prescription drug abuse actually has life expectancy going down, especially in middle class whites

17. JayVols

American Medical Association comes out against Republicare:

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/322889-largest-doctors-group-opposes-gop-obamacare-bill

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It would be, but I don't think you can point to the Bill of Rights as justification for such a policy.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure making it cheaper for the people that use 90% of the healthcare and quadrupling the cost for healthy folks in their 20s and 30s is more fair.

20. JayVols

Fair enough.

I just think you can.