Corporate Religion

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Mar 26, 2014.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

I'll be honest, I saw corporate loophole and thought of vivid, hustler, playboy, penthouse etc.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

glad they got to work in the lefty talking point all corporations are evil paragraph right off the top.

4. JayVols

I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

While Ms. Kohn's rhetoric was a bit tough to plow through, I believe this decision is a big one. You set a precedent where a business owner can skirt business laws because of the owner's or CEO's beliefs, it could be Kattie bar the door.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I mean, I admittedly don't know much about this stuff. But when the first or second paragraph frames it in that light, I frankly have a lot less interest in what that particular column has to say.

7. JayVols

It's an opinion piece & All sides have talking points. You gotta sift through them to get to the meat of the subject.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Was referring to the specific cases. My point is, if you want to be taken seriously why lead the column with blanket generalizations that aren't relevant?

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Gotta pump up the chest

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I just find it funny because a quick look at Hobby Lobby culture as a whole shows this isn't some one time religious deal. My guess is if you took out this one piece and laid out how they did business (employee treatment and such), most people would hold them up as a model business for all to emulate.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

They don't use barcodes because its the mark of the beast.

13. CardinalVol

OK? Can you provide me something "official" with this other than blogs?

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My brother used to work there. He told me about some of the crazy corporate visits.

15. CardinalVol

So this is why they say in corporate? Serious question. I see nothing out there other than blog pieces.

16. CardinalVol

I don't even necessarily doubt it. I just have always heard this but have never seen anything official. It's always seemed more contrived than factual.

17. JayVols

To see your reaction- honest answer.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

My reaction was to not read the rest of it

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't think its their "official" stance. Its just what he told me. Based on some of the stories, it fits.

They can use barcodes or not, I don't care. I'm just saying they have just as much crazy running the show as everyone else.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha

I tend to completely stop paying attention when it starts off at either extreme.