COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Good luck with it.

dknash likes this.
  2. TennTradition

Pfizer aiming for delivering 14 MM doses per week by mid-March. Moderna ramping toward 10 MM/week by April. And JJ adding 20 MM in March - not sure what they can do in April. That’s a bunch of vaccine. That’ll be at least 100 MM fully vaccinated people in March + April if that’s where supply is.

*Dose availability will be enough for that many vaccinated people but the lag between doses might mean you actually come in shy of that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Go rest.

dknash likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Either way, hydrate and rest like Tennessee basketball seniors.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    SetVol13, NorrisAlan and dknash like this.
  5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Damn, there goes my hopes for a Montreal trip this summer.

6. TennTradition

With some of the recent news about vaccine availability, I think I might have been too pessimistic with August. An unknown is how many younger people, including those that know they’ve had it, will just skip the vaccine.

7. fl0at_

Biden said everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one by June. Fauci said April for a long time.

I think April more than June, but that's because I still don't think everyone wants to get a vaccine.

That may be more state dependent than country dependent, though.

8. TennTradition

That is what we kept hearing (Fauci repeatedly, Biden several times). However, recently the administration started saying July before it really started opening up. I don’t know if they just mean for full delivery of vaccines and the last people can have their go at it, or what. But it was probably about a week ago I started hearing July.

9. TennTradition

https://khn.org/morning-breakout/bi...ho-want-vaccine-can-have-shot-by-end-of-july/

This is referencing the interview. And notes Fauci adjusting his timetable.

Biden says everyone who wants one will be able to get one by the end of July. When Cooper followed up with him he said something like “everyone who wants one will have had one or The supply would be available” and Biden noted “it will be available”. So I think the 20-30 yr old crowd will see vaccinations in July/August if that interview holds true. If there thought is supply is available to do it by July I don’t think you could just walk up and grab one until later unless people wanting it in those age groups is just very very low.

But you start looking at the numbers and thinking June is going to get a lot of younger healthier people. I’m 40 and it seems to me I might have a shot in that window.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  10. fl0at_

Seeing more and more face shields instead of masks, and some folks seeing people just not even mask up because they've been vaccinated. So they don't care, they got theirs.

The dam on mask mandates here might be about to hit some strain, as more 65+ers get vaccinated here.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That age group swings a disproportionate amount of power, and many of them won't flinch from killing younger people if it makes their life more convenient and they can rationalize why it really isn't their fault.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

mask mandate ended here last night

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's still too late for me, but hey, more money towards a down payment for a house.

14. TennTradition

The bigger issue might be how far behind Canada is in their vaccinations.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

CDC is sounding the alarm that we are opening up too early, but governors and mayors aren't listening. The issue is that the variants are gaining ground even as the overall picture has somewhat improved.

16. TennTradition

Connecticut putting forward an aggressive timeline - my guess is actually getting an appointment might be tough...

0019F33A-3480-49C2-85CE-F61A1F2444CE.jpeg

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Got my second dose yesterday, and it is the worst I think I have ever felt after receiving a vaccination. That's not saying much though. I can only think of a couple of times I even had a reaction. So far it's only a slight headache, some body aches, and chills. Well, my arm hurts damnit, too, but that's just receiving the shot. By comparison, the first shot was nothing. I'm teleworking today, or I might have taken a sick day.

Update: I feel like crap. I feel like I have weights over my whole body, and my head weighs double. Fortunately, the gout flare up I have been dealing with is in retreat at the moment because every other little ache and pain is magnified, and oh the chills.

I mean it's not the worst thing I've been through by any means, but I definitely feel like dog crap.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  18. fl0at_

I wonder if there is any correlation between how you feel getting the vaccine, and how you'd feel getting the actual illness.

If so, glad you got the vaccine.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Supposed to be the inverse I believe is the general thought.

20. fl0at_

That seems unlikely, given the number of people who have had the vaccine and reported feeling nothing but arm pain.

If the inverse were true, all those people would have and a bad run if they had caught the actual virus.

Statistically, that doesn't make sense.