Georgia Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 18, 2023.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Milton's inability to make simple reads pairs nicely with his disdain for contact.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I bet Milton was not a good basketball player. He has no natural flow or instincts.

3. Ssmiff

Lol just googled and at 6’5 he played in 5 career games and scored 20 total points

A-Smith likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No one really seems to know about the redshirt bowl rule. It was a one time waiver but coaches seem to think it’s going to be extended.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

This person says A UT spokesperson confirmed the bowl doesn't apply.

6. BleedOrange12

BleedOrange12 New Member

Milton avoids contact because he knows that a very talented QB is waiting behind him, and if he goes out with an injury, he is not getting his starting job back. It’s happened to him before.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  7. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’ve had it reiterated to me that his parents don’t want him to play this year. They said this during the South Carolina game for context. Idk if that’s a situation where they’re just saying the right things to not cause friction with how Joe was playing or if they really feel strongly that they want him to sit.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still ranked.

[​IMG]

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tbh I don’t know if that much info can exist in his head during a live football play

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had a similar response that I deleted. I don't think there is that level of strategic thinking going on.

11. Ssmiff

He’s got some Harrison Bailey up top.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. BleedOrange12

BleedOrange12 New Member

To me, Milton seems to be acting on a belief that getting tackled will injure him (thereby ending his career). That's why we see all the wild "hand grenade" pitches and passes as he is about to cross the line of scrimmage or encounter defenders on an option. And why he almost never chooses to run unless its a designed QB draw.

It's frustrating to watch because he has the physical attributes to run by defenders or run them over and get extra yards to extend drives. We've seen him do it a few times (and trash talk defenders afterward), but it's clear that he sees himself as a pocket-only passer. It may be a directive from the coaches since UT only has two scholarship QBs, or it may be just a result of his own past experience of losing his job after an injury. Waiting behind Hooker, some thought burned into his brain along the lines of, "Next time I start, I'm not getting injured."

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I really just don’t think he’s any good at making decisions on the fly. If he’s on a designed run, he’ll lower his shoulder and bowl over somebody. If he’s scrambling, it’s like he has made the decision to get what yards he can and get out of bounds to keep from losing yardage, and once he’s made that decision, he just doesn’t see the opportunity to bowl someone over and get three more yards.

This would also explain why he’s completed a pass after scrambling about twice all season (both of the ones I recall were against Kentucky). He just can’t process fast enough to get to Plan B.

Poppa T, TDVol1989, SetVol13 and 5 others like this.
  14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Lol I had already completely forgotten that guy.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I agree. I don't think he is particularly concerned about contact. I think he just has been told how great his arm is his whole career, so much so that he doesn't realize the value of the scramble.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He’s a Greek god playing football that has no feel for the game or process making ability in a really QB friendly system.

Also why our short yardage is so limited as Milton never reads and keeps, so they’re free to crash.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hopefully this starts a trend amongst five stars. Georgia and Bama will have to forfeit games to avoid upsetting parents.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Coach, I’m just not sure our son can handle the pressure of earning three times the average annual household income of Knoxville every month while also being the starter.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

They're called moobs and yea Josh needs to hire a trainer and nutritionist. No reason to look like that with the resources available.

20. Ssmiff

just pay a plastic surgeon to suck out the fat and tighten the skin. If he loses weight he will just be a skinny dude with [breasts] and that’s worse. Makes them look even bigger.