Greenville Craigslist Baby Sale

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Mar 25, 2017.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think (honestly) it has to do with screening and availability of newborns. Not sure process is better, worse, different.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why do we value each other less as we age? We clearly do, in all things.

Just thinking out loud. It bums me out to think of 10-17 year olds who never knew parental affection and have been passed over by all of society, while people literally queue up for more babies. What must that do to a person? No support network, either.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It takes a special individual to take in older children. There's a lot of walls to knock down and rebuild on most of them, since they're coming from troubled backgrounds.

4. CardinalVol

Honestly? Because it's probably a helluva lot easier.

5. CardinalVol

Yup. More friends adopted three teenage boys. Two have done well. They've had many issues with the third, but he's finally getting much better.

The best part is shortly after it was final they found out she was pregnant and they now have a 3 year old little girl with 3 personal slaves.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

An American in state care may have a tough, tough battle ahead of them.

I'd wager it's still better than their foreign counterpart.

It won't be after all the social programs are ripped out, but, I guess then people would see the good in adopting from our slums, rather than the ones overseas.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Zero idea on international adoption or states beyond TN, as to timeframes.

Tennessee has 1-year waiting period before adoption can be finalized, but most judges waive it to 6 months.

8. Tenacious D

An already world-tough gig becomes even harder with older kids. You have a shortened window to both break those walls, correct / help with any problems they may have (both those acquired before coming into State's custody or since), they can be less inclined / more resistant or even incapable of accepting that help / guidance, can more easily run away from home, cause greater harm to themselves and others, and just less time to sufficiently bond with the child.

This isn't every older kid, or true in even many cases, but these are likely both real and persistent fear for many foster parents, IMO.

9. Tenacious D

Great questions.

Foster parents can indicate the type of attributes that they are wanting / willing to accept in a decision to either foster or adopt a child, and with some specificity.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I require competitive 40 times and verticals in my candidates.

11. Tenacious D

Recall, this was in Tennessee...

[​IMG]

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In an area Tennessee doesn't recruit well...