Group of Idiots Ruin Progressive Rally

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Dick Huffman, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The "all lives matter" remark was apologized for, and you are capable of finding explanations for why in that context it was taken as callous.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I don't know what this means. Explain the callousness of stating "all lives matter."

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't get it, all lives do matter.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That woman is an idiot, who has no idea as to how to successfully operate a non-violent protest, seemingly. Once you start making the protest draw attention to yourself rather than the activities you are trying to protest against, then they are going to fail. People of this generation think that the Civil Rights protesters just made a bunch of noise through marches and whatnot, but those protests were actually very well organized, focused and thought out. MLK or Diane Nash weren't jumping onstage to make a spectacle, they took very direct and committed actions to demonstrate the faults in our society, at their own peril. This is much different than what those folks did.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They also had legitimate social revolutions they were waging.

7. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The Booing at "white lives matter" is priceless.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I bet they wouldnt be booing if it were "white taxes matter"

9. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

[video]https://youtu.be/MhScgVE1UAU[/video]

10. Unimane

Their cause of police brutality and racial profiling is legitimate, but unfocused and counterproductive, too often. With the 50s and 60s you have direct challenge of unjust laws and actions, whether it was by the SCLC or Black Panthers.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They need to focus on the causes. War on drug and police Union would be the first two to tackle.

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Police profile based on an area's statistics. Asking them to change that practice should be met with raucous laughter.

13. Unimane

That's a ridiculous justification for unjustifiable behavior.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

It's sad really. Booing at the mention of "all lives" is ridiculous. All lives do matter...period.

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Profiling based on statistics is the definition of justifiable behavior. Don't like being profiled, create the change you seek or move somewhere where your neighbors aren't scum.

16. Unimane

Exactly, it creates a discussion about the semantics of the issue instead of the actual problems they truly are trying to address. I mean, they are stuck making a protest about the ****ing slogan, for goodness sake. It's like MLK jumping onstage of a speech by JFK in 1960 and arguing over the meaning of "We Shall Overcome" lyrics. That's not the point.

17. Unimane

Why not, out of curiosity, just ask the police to do their ****ing jobs? Sounds like a novel concept to me. However, this sounds like a fantastic policy. I'm sure it would go over well if it was tried in the corporate world for white collar crime.

No, wait, that's a completely idiotic idea, just like the one that says it's ok for the police to harass people simply because of where they live or look like.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

MLK had tact and wasn't socialized on noon episodes of Maury Povich.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

To get any kind of change you have to overhaul the entire criminal justice system. That's gonna start with the legislators and changing vehicular code if you want to curb the amount of traffic stops that are made. Cars are profiled, better start with that then work your way down.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Using statistics to prevent crime is "doing their ****ing job".