Happy Veterans Day

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Nov 10, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Hey everybody - I'm may not be on tomorrow since I'll likely be out and about with the day off so I just wanted to say Happy Veterans Day to all of my fellow Vets on here. Thank you for your service to this country and God bless. Below are some discounts and freebies if you weren't already aware:

Restaurants

Abuelo’s Mexican Food - Abuelo’s offerings vary by region, be sure to call ahead to see what the discounts or freebies are included.

Applebees - All veterans and active duty military eat free from a limited menu at Applebee’s on Veterans Day.

Chili’s — Veterans and active duty dine for free from a special limited six item menu on Veterans Day.

Golden Corral — Golden Corral Restaurants’ Military Appreciation Monday free dinner will be available on November 15, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Military retirees, veterans, active duty, National Guard and Reserves are all welcome.

Hooters — All Veterans and active duty eat free. The free entrees must be selected from a special Veterans Day menu.

Krispy Kreme – All active-duty, retirees & veterans get a free doughnut on Veterans Day. Be sure to call ahead to verify your local Krispy Kreme is par-ticipating.

McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants — Participating McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants offer a complimentary entree to vets from a special menu on a space available basis, online reservations are highly recommended.

Outback Steakhouse — Veterans and active-duty military get a complimen-tary Bloomin’ Onion and non-alcoholic beverage on Veterans Day.

UNO Chicago Grill — UNO is offering a Buy One Get One free offer to Service members or Veterans with a military or veteran I.D. or in uniform or with a photo of themselves in uniform. The Veterans Day BOGO offer includes a free entree or individual pizza, with the purchase of an entree or pizza of equal or greater value. Texas Roadhouse – Free meal from opening until 4pm. on Veterans Day. Call ahead to your local restaurant for more information.

T.G.I. Friday’s – Veterans and Service members Buy one get one free from Nov 11–14. Contact your nearest location for more details on their Veterans Day BOGO offer.

Retail

The Dollar General — Veterans, Service members (Active, Guard, and Reserve), and their immediate families will receive a 10-percent discount with a Veterans Day coupon. The coupon may be found in store circular ads or by asking a sales associate.

Home Depot — Offers a 10 percent discount to all Veterans during Veterans Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day.

Lowe’s — All veterans receive the 10-percent discount on Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. The offer is available in stores only and is limited to in-stock and special-order purchases of up to $5,000.

Sam’s Club — Sam’s give away 36,000 collapsible Hugo Canes on Veterans Day to military veterans in need of mobility assistance.

Sam’s Club will require membership for this offer, but proof of service may be necessary.

Amazon.com – Free ―Veterans Day Honor‖ MP3 album download. The album includes 12 songs by The Bands and Ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cabela’s Outdoor Store – Offers their employee discount to all veterans, active-duty military and reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel November 11-12. Discounts vary from 5% to 50%, depending on the item.

Build-a-Bear Workshop – Members of the armed services including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Reserve Officer Training Corps, will receive a 20% discount November 11-15 on any one transaction at Build-A-Bear Workshop.

Fashion Bug – 20% off all plus-size and misses clothing purchases with a copy of military ID or spouse’s military ID.

Sports Clips Haircuts - The men’s hair salon chain is offering a free haircut to active military and veterans on Veterans Day.

Foot Locker — Veterans, Service members (Active, Guard, and Reserve), and their immediate families with a Foot Locker Veterans Advantage Card receive a 20 percent discount every day of the year. That offer is good both online and at any store location, including Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker, Kids Foot Locker, Footaction and Champs Sports — even on sale items.

Thanks again for your service and enjoy your day!

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Hell yea. Getting a hair cut tomorrow. Still probably won't eat at Chilis or Applebees, though.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Beef-O-Brady's is feeding vets as well.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I am going to rape the local denny's, chilis, applebees, and golden corral tomorrow. Should be completely sick by the late afternoon

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

God bless America.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

America......[uck fay] yeah

[video=youtube;sWS-FoXbjVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI&feature=related[/video]

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That is how I feel about the Corral as well.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

been planning my eating spree for a couple of weeks now. Last year it definitely got out of hand, might have to keep myself in check this time.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Let me know how Corral's new chocolate fountain is. If it's good, I'm camping under that [itch bay].

On topic, Thanks again to all vets, but I would like to specifically recognize the WWII vets. We are losing these heroes rapidly. They truly are 'The Greatest Generation' this nation has produced.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

To all of the veterans out there, my heartfelt thanks. For those in the Knoxville area, all area Calhoun's are having a veterans eat free promotion tomorrow.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good work vets. Good guys - a bunch; Bad Guys - 0.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I knew this was the real reason you joined. That and you felt a calling after listening to several Toby Keith songs.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Thank you to every man and woman to ever serve our country in the military. You're the reason we're the greatest country in the world. My nephew just graduated boot camp at Parris Island a few days ago and is now a Marine. Very proud of him.

14. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

so do we take our DD214 in with us or do they just take our word for it?

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks to all you vets on this board. Appreciate the hell out of what you done and what you stood for.

16. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Thanks to all vets and actives wherever you may be.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm not about to begin to list, but a sincere thank you to the vets on here.

18. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

You dont have a VA card? Ive actually never been questioned when going to one of these places on Vets Day. Ive also read that if you had an older picture of yourself in uniform that would suffice.

19. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There is just something about seeing a WW2 or Korean vet decked out with a look on his face that says "I may be 85 years old, but I'll still kick anybody's ass that I have to" that makes be proud to be an American.