Jerry Sandusky and the PSU scandal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Disturbing to think that the highest risk-factor in becoming a pedophile is to be abused as a child one's self. And all this time and all these children that suffered when it could have been stopped.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would be a bad situation to be in. The GA did what he was supposed to do in telling Joe Pa. Joe Pa reports it to the AD. Should either of them called the cops? Probably, but one would think reporting it to the AD would bring about a resolution.

Seeing something like that will shake you up.

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Never understood some men's taste for young boys

5. I would bet this one ends up with a Watergate-esque line of questioning about who knew what and when and how many were in on the decision to cover it up. He lives on or near campus and used the PSU facilities for his children's charity. If they allowed that after 2002 then all are culpable in the cover-up in my mind.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Good point. And if they are able to really tie this into JoePa, watch out. They have so successfully branded him as the ultimate representation of Penn State... it'd really hurt that program. To make the equivalent of this happen at Tennessee you'd have to have a mass conspiracy with a resurrected General Neyland, Phil Fulmer, Johnny Majors, [ddiapos], and Peyton Manning all in on it.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The AD told him to stop bringing kids to campus but acknowledged the rule was "unenforceable" in one story I read.

8. WM

WM Active Member

Apparently the GA who reported this is now a WR coach and recruiting coordinator.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i don't really get that. so it's ok if he does it off campus? everyone involved should be fired at a minimum.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. he was that redheaded qb from a couple of years back. i remember him.

11. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

JoePa may not be a target of prosecutors, but when the response to his report was 'lets don't let Jerry near the showers anymore'... Paterno should've picked up the phone.

Not sure court of public opinion lets Paterno off on this.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This will have to kill the program.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It will certainly hurt pretty bad. If something like this came out about Tennessee, my level of fanhood would drop substantially. You've got to think donations would plummet, too.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"sandusky worked out in penn state weight room multiple times last week." according to dan wetzel's twitter.

this is getting worse and worse.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i agree. i would be royally pissed. sadly the penn state messageboard has it's share of apologists and people who think we are rushing to judgement.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Come to Pitt, where we don't [uck fay] kids in the shower. Easy sell over PSU

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Prepubescent Shower University

Pedophile Sanctuary University

Any more?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I didn't think Baylor could be topped.

It has.

With every report that comes out, this gets worse and worse.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20. WM

WM Active Member

Paterno might bring this program full circle. Shit like this becomes a stigma on a person or organization. When you are giving recruits a tour of the facilities how many are going to wonder to themselves which shower did the little kid get raped by a coach in? It's a program killer. Kiddy Diddler U is too much to overcome.