@LSU 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You’ve got a veteran team, at some point you have to trust them to make plays. There’s room to criticize Barnes, but I’m not going to be mad at him for Bone falling down on the last possession of regulation or Turner getting too excited and launching a three a couple seconds too early

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

That is a feel call. I don't mind it, at all. I do mind that a guy launched a heave with tons of time left when we could have just gave the ball to Grant and let him make a play. We have gotten away from that. Just iso Grant at the free throw line and let him work.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

only like a TO when the D is set. When the defense is backpeddling and 10 seconds left, go for it. Or call it if Lamonte doesn't pull up. Game was headed to 2 OT regardless. Grant going clumsily in was the definition of trying too hard.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Right?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Which was dumb, but definitely better than quitting or giving up.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Watch out, ssmiff fixin to come at you, bro.

7. Ssmiff

if you are gonna comment like you do and don't want responses, too bad

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Any team with size and length gives us fits. It took everything we had to beat Alabama. Size and length. See UK and LSU

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It was 100% the right call and he should do the same thing next time. This idea the coach will magically call a play to get a wide open shot isn't really the reality. It's easier to stop someone for a few seconds after a timeout. You call a timeout if they look disorganized on offense. Turner screwed it up by taking a dumb shot, but I'll bet he doesn't do this the next time.

Ssmiff likes this.
  10. BigOrangeBeech

Same to you bro. You were the one that resulted to 6th grade name calling.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

frustrating loss. I’m not ready to throw in the towel on the season after an OT road loss to a good team.

Indy and IP like this.
  12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

No one does.

Prolly best that way.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I hope this team doesn't turn into Syracuse 2014.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We all know how that would have ended - with extremely physical “defense” and no call.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m still waiting for you to tell me all the teams with similar size and length to LSU and UK.

16. Ssmiff

for a supposed horrible game and no killer instinct or whatever, we shot better and held them to under 40%. 32% on 3's. Outrebounded a bigger team, had more assists.
    Game was won at the line 31-15 fts and TO's, 14-7, but iir at least 4 of those were offensive fouls. Not as bad of a game played as suggested, outside of the lack of stopping that kid going right which makes zero sense.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, Ssmiff does Ssmiff have you and Beech confused? Or did I miss some beef?

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That would have gone to 2OT if one shot had happened .6 seconds later.... or if there hadn’t been a foul called 8 million feet from the basket with less than a second left in the game.

19. BigOrangeBeech

Nah, letting him go right made perfect sense, the element of surprise of being so wide open was supposed to throw him off and make him miss the shot, no need to criticize there.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm concerned we blew a 7 point lead with 5 to go because we let them isolate us 1 on 1 every time down the court........each time with the same hand.

Tar Volon likes this.