@LSU 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m about ready to throw in the towel on a one seed though. We’re a top ten team that can make a run to the Final Four if the bracket falls right and we don’t have a lot of elite bigs in the way. We’re not among the group of title favorites, for all that we looked like it about halfway through January

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re on it today. I think all the doom and gloomers would be very surprised if they looked at the box score of this game.

You can say that we deserved to lose with some bone headed plays down the stretch, and I’d be tempted to agree. But I don’t think it even gets to that point if the game is called fairly and consistently, or if our best player doesn’t run out on 3-5 shots he routinely makes at a very high clip.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Criticizing is not welcome in this thread.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I can get behind this. I was screaming to go back to the zone. Still not sure why we never came back to it down the stretch.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This team peaked in mid-January and is now regressing. I don't know if there is a second peak in them or not, but right now it's getting worse.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

They weren't set but we only had one option when he got the ball. The only way someone else shoots the last shot is if you call timeout and draw it that way. Not calling a TO there either way is arguable either way depending on the outcome.

Him taking the last shot wasnt the bad decision. It was not getting a better one.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

See my post above.

Criticism is fine. Whining and overreacting with no real substance can take a walk.

8. BigOrangeBeech

Stop it.

9. CardinalVol

We win this game by double digits a month ago.

This team has lost it's attitude.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep. I think we will deserve and get a 2 seed.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The home game against UK is a huge opportunity to right the ship. Win out, and we will look back on these two games for what they were.

And again, I think we are built for a tournament run.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Again, this is a good team, but there were issues glaring out there for a while. We've played 4 teams who were ranked at the time and lost to three of them.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m hoping that it’s just a funk and we can come out of it as strong as we were. I’m afraid that Barnes’ short rotation has shot that little bit of spring we had in our step.

14. BigOrangeBeech

No way. You're baseless point is pointless...and baseless.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

He definitely told the announcers they were adding a second and the announcers repeated that message. We need to hire that clock operator.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The defense the last 5 mins of the game was on a bad high school level. You give up drives (plural) that start 30 ft from the basket that result in layups you re not gonna close games.

While that's an easy fix it's scary that it needs to be with this group.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

All these hot takes about Tennessee being done is comforting, due to my well-established working hypothesis that no one knows shit about shit.

Indy likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Losing this game doesn't bother me, per se.

It's how we lost. And it's a reoccurring theme that has happened a lot when we lose the last three years, especially against top teams. Have game in control, fall apart, give it away.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've posted no less than 3 times about letting that kid go right over and over. Try not to be an emotional wreck and read

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

no beef. Beech is good peeps and calm. Analyzes. Beach is probably good peeps but hoops is too much