Marriage Equality

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Because people don't give a shit about liberty, and believe what they think and agree with is good for the country.

It's easy to get caught up in since it's human nature, but it should still be called out on.

2. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

I didn't get married for those reasons. As far as tax breaks go, unless you have kids or own your own home, there aren't many breaks now.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Spousal benefits aren't taxable if you are married and if one spouse makes a lot more money than the other the tax savings are not insignificant. Also your assets transfer tax free to your spouse at death and your spouse has significant rights to determine your healthcare if something happens to you. There have been many examples of gay couples who have lost businesses when one spouse died and being denied access to their spouses in the hospital because they weren't married under the law.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My ass would be busting down a lot of doors and getting arrested. No shit.

5. g8terh8ter_eric

I'm extremely glad they will get that now. Let's just hope the states don't jam this whole thing up.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you imagine? A wholesale change of judges every election?

8. g8terh8ter_eric

Would be terrible for legislation, IMO.

9. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

While I have endeavored to stay out of the political fray over yesterday's events, Huckabee is probably my favorite. Calling Josh Duggar to task for fondling young girls and noting the hypocrisy from that family is 'sensationalizing', yet he compares the SCOTUS decision to British tyranny and the court as false gods infringing on the supreme being's territory? Pretty damn rich, Mike.

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Was he picking that bass and grinning ?

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

The states can't do shit. The Court has said it is a constitutional right. That's why it was hilarious when all the state AGs were holding press conferences to say they would instruct clerks in their states to "comply" with the ruling. News flash: They have no [dadgum] choice but to comply.

12. OrangeEmpire

Grandstanding at it's finest

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That would be the Tennessee representatives trying to quickly get legislation together that allows priests/pastors the right to refuse overseeing gay marriages.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see why they should have to marry gay couples. What couple (straight or gay) wants to use a priest/pastor that don't like them, anyways?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Many priests will refuse to do a marriage if one party isn't a believer.

16. OrangeEmpire

This

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Same with florist and bakers too

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wife just told me her options doubled, so I should watch it.

Damn this ruling!

19. OrangeEmpire

Beautiful

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ones that honestly go out looking to be offended and will turn over every rock to do it.