Netflix Streaming Recommendations/TV Talk

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Love the books.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It hasn't been brought up in awhile but we were kinda into Dark. I almost quit early due to the dubbing but glad I got over it and liked it.
    Yellowstone coming out soon and I am in the minority when I say its a horrible show. Its a soap opera for a bunch of dudes who want to be or think they are Rip Wheeler. Random Chinese people hanging on a cliff or a Harley gang who crossed the wrong fence. [uck fay]ing terrible

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You were right about Peaky Blinders, btw. I had not given it a real chance, but went back to it and binged it.

4. Ssmiff

Skinny psycho brother is an unreal character.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I loved Dark. It was such a tremendous show that I tell anyone about when they want some recommendation for TV. But I always tell them you can't be fiddling around with your phone or doing 12 other things while trying to watch it because you need to try to follow everything going on. Even scenes you'd think were throwaways can have deeper meanings.

For a more fun show I just discovered What We Do in the Shadows. It's a vampire documentary comedy show on FX. It's got the 2nd manager from the British IT Crowd and he's fantastic as is really the whole cast. It come up as a suggested show and I thought I'd give it a chance and I'm so glad I did. I'm almost through Season 1 right now and I think it's outstanding.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The thing about Dark is the new season would come a year later and I would be completely damn lost. So, I had to either read a detailed summary or watch the previous season again. But, the third season was damn near impossible to make out, at times. The ending was pretty simple to get, though.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I’ve never watched the show, but “What we Do in the Shadows” movie is hilarious.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

thanks for the reminder. have been meaning to watch

emainvol likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Be warned, between first and second episode there is a lot of table setting (which is necessary considering the epic scope), but it remains interesting

droski likes this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Not on Netflix, HBO Max, but The Many Saints of Newark is now on. Sopranos fan here so going to check it out tonight.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  11. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I liked it a lot. Very good casting and the story was great and had an interesting twist.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I enjoyed it too and yes it did.

13. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If they did, I'd like to see the writers do something with a young crew of Tony, Jackie, Tony B, and Ralphie and how they came up. I think those were the crew members.

15. Unimane

Saw this one this week, too. A mess is right. Basically, our policies in Afghanistan and Iraq are lessons in how short sighted emotional thinking will create enormous long term problems.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Wtf is Squid Game? Has anyone watched it?

17. Unimane

Yes. A Korean series on Netflix about people who owe debts and attempt to win money by winning a collection of 6 kids games. Oh, but, if you lose, they shoot you. My wife and I enjoyed it. I have a few opinions, if anyone else has seen it.

18. Ssmiff

Just finished episode 3. It's not bad but not sure if it's as much to do with me not finding much lately to watch.
    It does have some subtle and not so subtle dark humor along with being kindof crazy

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Succession is back, and boy am I excited to see some more rich people suffer

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hannah Waddingham from Ted Lasso

Holy shit.