OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

"no one knows the day"

"6:36 PM Israel time on the autumnal equinox 2023, got it."

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Rapture is an almost uniquely American thing, too. Why Israeli time?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems to relate to the time of sunset on the equinox in Israel/Jerusalem. Also, conveniently, it is a sort of "666" 6:36 or 6th hour, 6 x 6 minutes.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Equinox technically isn't until tomorrow morning at 2:50 ET/6:50 UTC.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

100% this will part of the excuse and it will be TOMORROW. And then there will need to be another excuse. This stuff was nearly weekly back in 2012. And had I been paying attention I am sure it was nuts in 2000.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's so easy to tell if someone's rapture prediction is wrong.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because they have one? That's my thinking. If the Bible is the word of God, and it says "no one knows," any claim automatically means that ain't it.

warhammer likes this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, basically. No one knows, and there are so many different opinions from well respected bible scholars just on when it's "roughly" supposed to happen that it seems pretty silly to me to try to put a date on it. I've got three or four books on end times prophesy and Revelation, and there's at least two different opinions on the general timing in those and maybe three.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

two or maybe three left. Mainstream and scholarly opinions have called for this event as being imminent since the beginning. I won't muck this thread up by going further along that line, though.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's complicated at best. I've been teaching a class at our church on Revelation for a little over a year now. I hope to finish before November. Rapture came up several times several months ago, but we're now far enough along that it's not really relevant to what we're discussing. I have my own opinion on the matter that's not exactly popular, but like I reminded the class almost weekly for a while, the exact timing really shouldn't be an important topic for daily life.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Two things can be true. It can be free speech, and that can be in poor taste. I don't see the reason to put Jesus in a Halloween display. Like, it doesn't make sense. Why? I am not religious, so it has nothing to do with me being offended. It just seems like poor taste and also random. May as well put out easter eggs with cobwebs on them or something. Just dumb.

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I couldn't even tell what it was.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/controversial-halloween-display-in-bucktown/45211943

I did get a kick out of this statement though.

I am definitely thankful he let us know that wasn't a real Jesus.

He goes on to say his girlfriend left him because he wouldn't take it down though she had threats of losing her job over the display due to public complaints. Assuming that statement is correct, she shouldn't be threatened in that manner. Maybe if she works as an educator at a Christian school or something, but that's a stretch I'd guess.

justingroves and VolDad like this.
  14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

gcbvol likes this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What a croc!

gcbvol likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I watched a documentary about them with the kids, they're interesting

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Any thoughts on lawn mowers? My wife basically told me to go buy a new one after a bit of lost religion over the one we have that I have been working on the better part of the last two mowing years for one thing or another. I currently mow about 2.5 acres, but I have cut down this year because of having so much trouble with the mower. If I was mowing all I want it would be at least 3.5 acres, and if I mowed all of what my wife wanted, it would be clower to 5.5.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Are you a masochist?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d rather mow 10 acres than weed eat a square foot

SetVol13 and warhammer like this.