OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was suggesting the over the counter stuff because he's probably had it before and you can have a little more confidence that you aren't taking any risk.

But ya, seems like you need to keep visiting professionals until someone gets a handle on what is up

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

An alternative treatment is the "give them something to cry about" method.

I don't think it will help though.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No polyps. NYY did his job.

gcbvol likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Definitely keep seeing the professionals. Please.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We will. But keeping in mind a professional at Vandy said he had a nodule that needed biopsy to rule out cancer and apparently according to ER doc and US there is no nodule at all. Did she feel his Adams Apple? We see pediatrician Friday morn and I’ve talked to several people who have dealt with this with their kids. If he doesn’t feel a nodule and agrees with anxiety assessment, you may want to be at Vandy clinic Friday around 1 when I go back there to have a chat.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am sorry. Besides medication I only know of relaxation and breathing exercise. Since it only happens at night, I assume when he goes to bed and starts thinking, perhaps white noise would help keep his mind from wondering to the dark side.

cpninja likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't like the Vandy clinic or ER

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

@Ssmiff, hope everything is good with your son. I assume it was some dipshit midlevel that even brought up the word “cancer” because you would think a doctor would have more sense.

That’s just idiotic. Without any kind of imaging evidence it should have been…

“Hey I feel something on the thyroid, but I can’t know what it is (or if it’s even anything) until we run scans, so let’s get those scheduled as soon as we can.”

THEN if something concerning shows up on scans they can let you know cancer is in the differential and run a biopsy.

(Sorry if there are any midlevel providers here, I am not talking about all of them. I know there are absolutely wonderful professionals among their ranks).

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Shoot, I don't know what that is. Could be cancer. That would suck. Maybe we can get you back in next week? I dunno we are pretty full up."

Giving parents nightmares may be their kink.

justingroves, emainvol and zehr27 like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Appreciate the thoughts and input. Been a shit few days. Gave him half cbd gummie yesterday when he got home and he slept for 4 hours. Doubt he’s had more than 2-3 hours a night since Saturday. Gave another half last night and he had a good night. Knowing what he’s dealing with seems to have helped as well as going over the stressors he’s had. See pediatrician today. We got home from ER around 330-4 night prior and he still went and aced his exams to keep near a 4.5 gpa. I don’t push him for that. He does it on his own, which may be behind some of the anxiety. Some kids pressure themselves and don’t realize it.

gcbvol and emainvol like this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Good, sounds like a tough kid that got his smarts from mom

Ssmiff likes this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

On a positive note. I got my chemo port out yesterday. Hopefully for good

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If he doesn’t obvious stressors for the anxiety, I’d start looking at diet but try to find a solid doctor that isn’t going to just jump to throw him on a bunch of meds.

That’s the worst part of having kids is when something is off with them.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

On way to ER he was white, shaking and said his left arm was tingling. It’s miserable when it’s out of your control and you don’t know what’s going on to see your kid in absolute fear of what’s happening.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Prayers. It's tough when it's out of your control as a parent. Best thing you can do is reassure him that it will be OK and you won't let anything happen to him. I'm far from a doctor but to me it seems like he is having panic attacks. Keep us posted.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The judge from the infamous COVID cat lawyer Zoom call is not running for reelection for his seat next year. Probably aiming higher if I guessed.

17. Ssmiff

thanks. You all may run into some things I’ve mentioned prior so maybe seeing this play out may help somebody.Part of it on us too just assuming all is good. He had the injury and trying to rehab, girl issue, 2 ACTs, college coaches calling, final exams and a NP who misdiagnosed which sent him to Google freak out mode in the last few weeks. Assuming that all built up then feeling like he couldn’t breathe sent him into tailspin

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Definitely qualified by gubmint standards.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All that definitely leads me to think anxiety. That's a lot for anyone. Also Google and medical is not a good combo.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]