Pet Peeves...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by wildnkrazykat, May 13, 2014.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Parking down here is insane. People circle around for 15 minutes trying to get a spot in front. Or they'll even park on the sidewalk, someone's front yard, or in the road so they don't have to walk 100 feet.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Never made sense to me. I park on the back 40 of the lot as a rule

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Same, get a bit of exercise for [uck fay]s sake.

Oh, got another one.... people that are looking at their phones while walking in a parking lot and not paying effing attention.... part of the responsibility for not getting hit is on you bub.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

RockyHill likes this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

People that drive up the merge lane to get in front of the backed up traffic, then force their way into merging. [uck fay] you, you aren't getting in.

6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

When people criticize others for backing into spots-- it's the best way to park if you can't pull through.

When people needlessly back up traffic by not utilizing all lanes of traffic because a lane is closed 2 miles down the road.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

easier to back into spots and people to get out easier with the backup cameras

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's fun to match speed of traffic in the merge lane, and watch the assholes freak out behind you that wanted to do that. At the merge, I am always let in.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It takes longer to back into a spot than to back out of one. In just a lot I have no issue with it, but in a busy garage when there’s a line of cars behind you it’s just stupid.

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's not even remotely true.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

My wife and kids back into spots easy with the cameras. Pulling head in is harder for them to judge bumper distance.

12. RockyHill

Well maybe you’re special but for the overwhelming majority of people it is absolutely true. I’m not even sure what the argument is.

Do you think the average person has an easier time backing between two cones 9 feet apart or two cones 25 feet apart?

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

In a car but I think it’s easier to back a suv or truck into a spot.

14. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

The average person has to look behind them in two separate directions 25 times to discern whether or not there's a car or pedestrian passing behind them while a large field of view is blocked by surrounding vehicles. So, yes, it takes less time to back into a spot that they know no traffic or pedestrians are coming.

15. RockyHill

I shouldn’t have said easier. I appreciate what you’re saying, I’m purely talking time and holding people up in a garage when you’re driving past the spot and then backing into it.

16. RockyHill

I think what you’re saying applies less in a garage but still, the people that have to look in both directions 25 times are the same people that cannot back into a space without switching between reverse and drive three times.

17. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

It has nothing to do with "those people". It has to do with the nature of garages and traffic from vehicles and pedestrians. It's safer, easier, and quicker to back into a parking space than back up into potential traffic. It's really as simple as that.

18. RockyHill

Safer I won’t argue with but past that I’ll have to assume that you frequent weird parking garages and we’ll have to agree to disagree.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I look constantly when I have to back out because I never know when some jackass is going to fly by. Parking lot, parking garage doesn't matter.

20. RockyHill

Perhaps where I live is a geographical oddity but I hardly ever see people driving too fast in parking garages.