POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

https://github.com/agravelot/FreedomOS

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Man, grifting that crowd has become a major part of the US economy. At least it feels like.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They probably forked it to put in their own "app store," but I highly doubt a lot of OS work went into this endeavor.

IP likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

#1, you brought up 6 months yourself, which isn't "o comments"
    #2 you are assuming or putting words in my mouth. Call them both whatever you wish. I agree with the decision in one instance and don't in the other. If you dont have the same stance or rationale, you don't see me barking at you or anybody else about being wrong or having a flawed opinion. Maybe that's why conversation is difficult, when one refuses the others opinion and pawns it off as dumb logic when it differs.

6. Ssmiff

We are disagreeing about our views on abortion. You have yours and don't see mine as valid. Thats fine. I've felt the same way for a long time and not looking to change or argue about being right. I'm not trying to be right in your eyes or anybody else's.
    Notice I liked IPs post as he gave his opinions, some of which I agree with and some facets I dont. Not a big deal to me at all if people see it differently. I have pro choice and anti abortion friends and their view doesn't matter to me at all. It's theirs.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's an amazing ability to quickly manipulate people in this country if you slap "freedom" on the front of it and/or tell people it's designed to stop government control over you. My granola-ish ex-wife is massively anti-vax for the latter reason.

It's seemingly as if we are in a state of boredom where we are undermining all the modern aspects which makes our lives immeasurably better than any other time in human history, whether vaccines or any number of items which we've decided to bicker about having.

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I made it abundantly clear, multiple times, that the time frame (6 months) is irrelevant to the point being made. Plug in whatever time frame you want. 6 months, 2 months, 57 days. The time frame is irrelevant to the point being made, which is:

If you consider killing a fetus/baby murder when the mother consented to sex, you can’t say it isn’t murder when the mother is raped. Its not a matter of opinion. It is a logical fallacy to call one murder and not the other.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What view on abortion are we disagreeing about? Be specific.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

11. Ssmiff

For the 3rd time at least, you are arguing a point I never made. No wonder communication is a problem for you.
    Call it whatever you want. Murder is defined as premeditated, so I don't know how that fits into abortion anyway. Maybe driving to the clinic with intent defines premeditation.
    And just like premeditated murder of an innocent person, I dont agree with the act. However, if a man loses his family due to a criminal and decides to go murder the perpetrator, I have no problem with it. I also don't have a problem if someone blows away someone breaking into their home, so yes at points I don't agree with someone committing "murder", but at other times I understand the circumstances. Lastly, to repeat, I'm talking about early term abortion and at no time do I support late term, so your point about 6 months not mattering just isn't accurate for me. Maybe for you, but not for me.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is you, making the point you claim you never made:

Killing the fetus/baby isn't killing the perpetrator. The fetus/baby is not the one who raped the mother. If the fetus/baby is human being (your words) in one scenario, it's a human being in the rape scenario as well.

Why are you okay with "murdering a human being" because another human being raped someone? If I rape your wife, are you justified if you respond by killing my son?

13. Ssmiff

i didn't deny making that point, but didn't say you can't label abortion due to rape as the same, which is what you claim i posted. Call it murder if you wish. Call it whatever. I see a difference in the two. "I". You don't have to. And when does and embryo/fetus become a human being? I'm sure many differ as to when as well, which is why people will always have different opinions on abortion. Some based on religion, some based on lack of religion, some based on choice, some based on one's own thoughts.
    As to your second point, I don't think that would be justified, and you are making a stretch to try and make your point while bringing revenge into the equation.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You called it murder.

You said "abortion due to 'not wanting it' is murder of a human being." You then said it's okay for a woman to abort if she was raped. So, you are saying that it's okay to murder if you are raped. Because if you define the first scenario (not wanting it) as murder, then, by default, the second scenario (rape) is also murder. Because the unborn child is not responsible for the rape of the mother. Either both scenarios are murder, or neither are. You can't have it both ways.

All the other stuff about when it becomes a human being is not relevant to the very specific discussion we are having right now. It's just fluff you are adding in rather than admitting there's a flaw in your logic.

It's not a stretch. It's common sense. You would not be justified in killing my son because I raped your wife. Why would a woman be justified in murdering her unborn child because someone raped her? That's the logical gap.

15. Ssmiff

You are worried about your own justification. I'm not.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What the [uck fay] are you talking about?

17. Ssmiff

You just used the word justified twice in two sentences in your last post. Stop forgetting what you post and stop arguing about things not posted. That's what the [uck fay] im talking about.
    I dont give a shit if you think an opinion or action is justified or not. You have yours. I have mine. Now stfu

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's your claim, genius. You claimed the woman who was raped should be able to abort. Saying someone should be able to abort is synonymous with saying someone is "justified" in aborting.

I asked what the [uck fay] you are talking about because your post made no [uck fay]ing sense.

They're both murder, or neither is murder. You're an idiot, and I'm done trying to hold your hand through the logic of why.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I have been hearing about this song. First time I listened.

zehr27 likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why does he feel alone when half the country feels like he does?