Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2016.

?

Who would you vote for POTUS, if the Election were today?

Poll closed May 8, 2017.
  1. Trump

48.6%
  2. Hillary

5.7%
  3. Independent / 3rd Party / Write-in

34.3%
  4. I won't vote for anyone.

11.4%
  1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

More and more money to immigrants and illegals. Ned care availability. Advertising for immigrants. PC shout down of dissenting opinions.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hell how about class warfare and actually talking about raising taxes. Name a politician before Obama that ever thought that was a good idea

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Uh oh, you're speaking the plain truth, here.

You're about to be called dumb. Or a racist. Or both.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Doubling of individuals on food stamps. Lowering the standards for qualification for welfare

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That is not what motivated my blizzard of personal attacks, you idiotic booger eater. Your personal attack motivated my personal attack.It's what you did, and it's what you do.

Your position is right. It has always been, as evidenced by something that isn't it. The only reason for disagreeing with it is bigotry. Change the subject to something tangentially related. Repeat sequence.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's one. But what about real governance/Fed issues. We can do the social stuff all day for both parties.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You guys saying med care need to go back and look at the 90's. Obamacare is Romneycare, and it isn't universal health care which was what was wanted back in the 90's. That's moving Right, not Left.

8. Tenacious D

You mistakenly assume that Romney is any suitable standard for the mindset / political bent of most moderate Republicans. He isn't.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey Cotton, great job. You've got everything pegged on the money. I lay bare before the e-world. Indeed, I eat boogers. I spill feces from my mouth and am mostly composed of feces. All that other stuff too. It's just devastating. I am monstrous, because I think a law targets trans people for no good reason and say so. How dare I silence you!

Keep the vitriol flowing. It's what makes all successful exchanges of ideas and perspectives work.

10. Tenacious D

Dros just gave you some - an explosion in the advancement of the Welfare State.

Failure to enforce border security and immigration laws.

Legalization of marijuana.

Off the top of my head.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The point remains. It isn't universal, it's political compromise gobbley-gook half measures that folks like Hillary defend and rally behind because she has no real stance or issue, only political ambition.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't care. It was Massachusetts. They're more idiotic than Minnesota or CA. None of them care about federal budgets or financially breaking the nation. They want to whine about plight and rerun lefty power so we can become Europe.

Moving right is one of the dumber comments you've made and that's a huge hurdle when we're talking free money and removing personal responsibility.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Be specific on the welfare state. If you're saying more people are on it, I point to the "meaningless" income disparity stuff. Many of the people on welfare are actually working.

Reagan gave amnesty, the borders always been shit. Immigration rates are down under Obama compared to Bush. Not sure if it still is, but at one point deportation was up.

I concede legalization of amnesty, though I point out this one goes against the dogma of liberals being about more government regulation and involvement, nanny state, etc.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, more like polling should be taken in the aggregate. There should also be an analytical aspect to it, as well as some common sense. Florida had a poll a week or so ago with Clinton up 13. Which one is more accurate? I don't buy that Clinton was up 13 a week ago, but I am, based upon a number of factors, of the opinion that it is fairly close in the state.

Also, after a long, long time of looking this stuff, I tend to notice how certain polling services "bend" their numbers. Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA and Rasmussen often (Not always) tilt rightward.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That saves us some time, thanks.

16. Tenacious D

You're better - and smarter - than this, and as long as you continue to ignore his rather clearly defined points, he's going to continue to shithouse you, and wreck your shop.

It's only advice, freely given, in friendship.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This is the smartest and most honest thing you have posted since I have joined you in political discussions. I appreciate your willingness to at least try to see things from another perspective.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No this is simply a smaller first step with the end goal being Universal Health Care. Saying that the party is moving right because of Obama Care is as untrue as Congress saying they cut spending by increasing the budget by 2% instead of 5%.

19. Tenacious D

More people are on welfare, food stamps and other sustained government entitlements now, than ever before.

Yes, Reagan gave amnesty - with the explicit promise to secure the border, and never need to do the same, again. I'm glad that we agree that the porous border has been a problem for several decades, and which has persisted in defiance of any political solution. I take it that we now agree on the need for a giant wall, so as to solve the problem once and for all.

By failing to secure the border and enforce immigration laws, the Dems are only adding so many more millions to the rolls of our entitlement programs, and expanding the nanny state even beyond our own populace and it's borders.

20. Tenacious D

Ok - good poll for Trump is best explained away by the fact that you believe it to be a "right-leaning" entity. Or, simply re-stated, "bad polling", as I just said, in my earlier post.

It must be great to have such a gnostic-like knowledge and vast command of important topics, such as this.