Presidential Poll

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 8, 2016.

?

Who would you vote for POTUS, if the Election were today?

Poll closed May 8, 2017.
  1. Trump

48.6%
  2. Hillary

5.7%
  3. Independent / 3rd Party / Write-in

34.3%
  4. I won't vote for anyone.

11.4%
  1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Assuming it's Trump, Hillary or a Third Party - will you vote in the General Election, and if so, who will you cast a ballot for, if the election were held today?

If you intend to vote 3rd Party or write-in, who will it be?

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Don't know yet. But I have enough faith in random chance to believe that I'll find one I like better than those two. Gary Johnson, I guess, is the leader in the clubhouse. Would love to see the draft Tom Coburn movement succeed. Rand Paul's views are amenable to mine, but he is not really a leader.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Can you not vote on mobile? I see a vote button but no choices.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I would vote for Putin or Hugo Chavez before either of the major party candidates.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Switch to desktop version, at bottom left.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I will hold my nose and vote for Hillary. I did the idealistic vote in 2000 with Nader and led us to a complete disaster in Bush (I'm sure my vote wasn't the deciding vote, but you get the gist.). I'm going more practical this time. I think if Trump weren't running and it were Kasich or someone similar, then I would go with a third party person.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will most likely write in Randy Broyles. And no shit.

I will not vote for Trump, as I think he will be a horrible horrible President. He is smart, witty and cocksure. But his Wall, seen as some kind of panacea, is a joke and not to mention his boisterous nature is not what I want in a diplomat.

Clinton. She will be in jail if she doesn't get a pardon, so I would never think of voting for her.

To hell with the two party system.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd rather try to run across I-40 during rush hour traffic while blindfolded than vote for Trump or Hillary.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

This feels like 2012 all over again, with conservatives thinking they have it in the bag right up until midnight of election day. Except this time it will be Clinton. Ugh.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Conservatives are losing either way. Have been forever, though. So you're probably right

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think anyone thinks trump has it in the bag.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't remember many people thinking Romney had it in the bag.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The Theologians have hijacked the "Conservative" label, much like they did with the Tea Party and every other facet of the party. I want a GOP completely absent of them. If Trump gets us there, I'm all for it.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

One of the many reasons I left the GOP.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

No more of a sad commentary of this election can be made.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fox News definitely did. These are one of those things that fade with time and no one fesses up to. "I KNEW the Vawls were going to beat Florida last year!"

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They didn't believe it. They make their money by telling people what they want to hear.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

[youtube]DpoMWrW01h4[/youtube]

[youtube]YNW5gnD5kVg[/youtube]

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  19. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Yep. Chased me away with the religious rhetoric.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Outside of Fox News, no one thought he had a shot, much less had it in the bag.