SC rules states can end affirmative action

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Apr 22, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Deciding history drives today completely is not "learning" from history it's wallowing in it. The Jews remember the holocaust, but they decided to not let it limit their life. No "woe is me the world hates us" garbage.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Do you mean by lowering the standards or by lowering the financial burden?

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Either way is bound to fail. Universities and colleges just raise prices to account for the "free" money.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Lowering the standards is never the answer. Simply put, college is not for everyone...and I don't mean that in an ugly way but it's the truth. As for the financial burden, it is what it is. My brother had to take out student loans and I decided to go the military route. If you're that hell bent on going there are ways.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I see the king of just making up shit I said is back. Who said that he wasn't aware?

6. Unimane

Wait, you think I have the magic bullet to fix everything? I'm merely saying that most people fail to consider the past as a prelude to their current situation. People may know things that happened in the past, but don't realize as often that those events set off a reaction or cause to affect the present.

7. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

I lived in a Hoover once, it sucked.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just trying to figure out how these broad claims about ignorance and/or denial of racism fit into the topic at hand. Do you have a point that relates to the thread topic or just using it as an excuse to point out how dumb everyone else is?

9. Unimane

Wait, you don't think Israeli policies are often driven by a consideration for past events? You don't think their treatment of Palestinians and policies with the rest of the Middle East aren't driven, in some part, by some pretty important events in, say, 1967 or 1973?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I didn't say they were stupid. There are legit threats to your life and non legit threats.

11. Unimane

Read my first post. It was a response directly to your comment.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That seems to fit in pretty well with IP's line of reasoning that disparaging affirmative action means you are in denial of slavery and civil rights oppression.

As far as the past relates to this issue, you can't tell me people aren't keenly aware.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I said he wasn't aware. I understand you presuming that everyone else thought you said something stupid, but I said it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wasn't aware. BPV cannot tell a lie.