SEC teams most likely to lose Week 1 (SDS)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 3, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought about going to Mississippi State. If I'd gone there, I'd have been the bastard wearing orange all the time, no matter how they did

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You're still a bastard wearing orange, but your our bastard.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ding ding ding ding

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Fwiw, I wanted to be a fan of both from my first day at AU. But I was still more die-hard UT until that 2013 season. If you were there as a student that year and didn't become a lifelong fan regardless of prior affiliations there is something wrong with you. But also, Tennessee's mediocrity and my white-hot hatred for Butch Jones didn't help.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's not as though he's a tenn fan and a northwestern fan. if it's the same conference you must chose and your alma mater should be the choice.

6. RockyHill

I don't know why this has to be a hard and fast rule. Auburn and UT aren't really rivals now, rarely play and share a common enemy. It works.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's ok to admit you are a bandwagoner

8. RockyHill

Yeah that's not the case.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sorry.

**** Auburn. **** Alabama. **** the whole state. There, I said it. Just because they don't play every year doesn't mean they are not still rivals.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one day you will have to pick who to root for

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so it's just a miraculous coincidence that your fandom of auburn greatly grew in the year they went to the NC game and won the SEC?

12. RockyHill

When they play next I will be 25 and UT will not have beaten AU since I was 6.

13. RockyHill

Yeah. Unless Auburn moves to the East it'll be a rare occurrence though.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Does that matter? I love UT but went elsewhere.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nope. Who give shot why another grown man roots for a team? Such an incredibly stupid thing to worry about.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's not hard and fast rule. He's just being a petty douchebag.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just think it is weird. I don't understand being a fan of two schools, especially in the same conference.

And I am not worrying about it, just chatting on a message board.

18. RockyHill

Weird in the sense that it's uncommon, yeah I totally get that. But it's not like I just randomly picked two schools. One is my alma mater. The other is in my hometown where I grew up going to games when Neyland was arguably the most wild atmosphere in college football.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this isn't the nfl. you are attending an university. team represents said university. unless there is no power 5 football team it seems very weird to walk around wearing the colors and logos of a different university, let alone rooting for them against your alma mater. if you can sleep at night so be it, but I grew up a usc fan and the second I stepped on cal's campus that was over with.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't think he or I are staying up nights worrying about it. in the same vein, I also think it's strange to root for the likes of the lakers, cowboys, red socks, patriots, or Yankees if you aren't a native to the area. call me a snob.