SEC teams most likely to lose Week 1 (SDS)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 3, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Well you f**ked up pretty bad on that one.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, the burden of that Cal degree will be weighing him down for the rest of his life.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"Winning is not everything; it is far better to play the game squarely and lose than to win at the sacrifice of an ideal." - Andy Smith

4. RockyHill

Obviously I was talking about his fanhood, not the choice to go to Cal.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

football is way too important to me though. he has a point.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there was a guy in my dorms who openly rooted for Stanford because he grew up in palo alto. don't be that douche.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

USC also offered me a full academic scholarship.

8. RockyHill

"Winning is the only thing that matters. Those miserable sons of [itch bay]es at Cal would take Stephen Hawking before they'd take Bo Jackson." -Jon Gruden

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it was pretty much bullshit when he said it then and certainly is bullshit now, but it's the only thing I can hang my hat on.

10. RockyHill

Well, for one, Auburn and Tennessee don't face each other often and Cal and Stanford play every year, so it's not the same thing. I think the proper comparison here would be a Bama fan that went to Auburn. I knew a few of them and I doubt there's many that were real open about it.

11. RockyHill

If you don't mind me asking, where'd you go? I always assumed you went to UT.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I agree it's not nearly as bad, but one day it might be.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Must be a generational thing or I am stuck up. I cannot comprehend what you just wrote.

14. RockyHill

I'll cross that bridge when we get there. My basic rule would be cheer for whoever has a better shot a Natty/ whoever has the most to lose. That wasn't too tough in 2013 watching Tennessee lose. Who knows how it'll look in 2018.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lots of places, but the piece of paper says Tusculum.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now that is understandable. Do they even have a football team much less a div 1 team?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

exactly. my wife is a usc fan (her father and brother both attended), but she went to Upenn. I don't hold that against her.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now. Auburn was the #3 most hated team behind Alabama and Vandy for years, then the SEC split into divisions. The entire Cam Newton scam, after they bought Cadillac back in the day did nothing but make me hate them more.

I had a high school coach that played at Tennessee in the mid 80's. He told me many stories about how much Majors hated "Alabama's little brother" and was a starting linebacker in 1985 when they, in his words, "made Bo tap out".

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nope. Just phoned up to Greenville and bought lifetime season tickets. Told em the 8th said I had too.

20. RockyHill

I get all that. For me personally though, that (ignoring recruiting stuff) was before my time. The only UT-Auburn memories I have of are Auburn beating Tennessee. The '85 thing is funny, my Dad says that game is one of his favorite memories in Neyland. And I guess Majors would hate the little brother, especially considering he had a losing record against them.