SEC teams most likely to lose Week 1 (SDS)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, May 3, 2016.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not sure you should just toss out history though. Just because it was before your time shouldn't mean it has no meaning.

I hate Bear Bryant and all he stood for at Bama, but my first and only memory of him is us beating them in 1982 and sending him into retirement. Vandy can suck a big one even though we have utterly dominated them.

2. NorrisAlan

Good!

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Not saying it has no meaning in general, just very little to me. Hell, I don't see people calling Tennessee and Georgia Tech rivals. It's not a perfect analogy but they played essentially every year from the 40's through the 80's.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Depends on who you ask. I hate Awfulbarn far more than I do Alabama.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

**** Georgia Tech. They aren't rivals because they're elitist [penis] heads that ran away from the sec

7. RockyHill

I understand your hatred but there just isn't much there to support UT and Auburn still being rivals. The "once rivals, always rivals" argument doesn't do much for me.

8. RockyHill

That's a perfectly acceptable reason for why you or anyone other UT/SEC fan hates Georgia Tech. But we are no longer rivals with them because we don't play them anymore.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

are texas and texas A&M no longer rivals or Utah and byu? history is important.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Pitt - West Virginia. Missouri- Kansas...

11. RockyHill

Geography matters more for Texas/TAMU. Not to mention that they only quit playing a couple years ago. Assuming they continue to not play for a long time, yeah, the rivalry will wane some.

12. NorrisAlan

And **** Notre Dame. We have played a handful of times, but I consider them not rivals, but a rivalry.

13. NorrisAlan

Knoxville is closer to Auburn than Lubbock is to College Station by a good 100 miles.

14. RockyHill

How many rivals would you say a team can reasonably have? You can't be rivals with everyone, it devalues it. There's a big jump between most fans of a school hating another school and it being a rivalry.

15. NorrisAlan

How many Division 1 schools are there?

In all seriousness, I don't know. I don't consider Miss Mistake a rival, but I want to pile drive them into the ground when we play.

16. RockyHill

Austin and College Station are 100 miles apart, don't know where Lubbock came from. Not to mention there's more to it than that.

17. NorrisAlan

Well, I have egg on my face. I thought TU was in Lubbock. I will slink away from that argument.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If Auburn and Alabama were on fire, I wouldn't urinate on either to put them out. I'd rather piss my pants.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

auburn and tenn have been playing eachother for over 100 years. the sec expansion happened in 1992. it may not be the world's greatest rival, but it's a rival.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Reasonably 6. I base this off of the NCAA football video game series. TIFWIW