South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Nov 13, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

These were consistent statements

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Eh. Going from the entire defense wearing them against us (that's what happened, right?) to one guy (MLB) wearing them the following week isn't really the same thing.

If the entire defense wears them both weeks, the "up tempo offense" excuse doesn't really work.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

How do teams know if we are using red, green or blue guy sending signals? There’s a lot of math and groundwork to decipher

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, give me a full time salary to fly around and figure it out, and I’m sure I could come up with it.

justingroves and IP like this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You are positive about that? If so that is very damning in my opinion. Clemson does not play fast like us.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It helps the offense a ton. Helps the D as well but it makes offensive play calling very easy.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if teams get a bit lackadaisical with it like most people do with passwords for simplicity. Most coaches probably didn't imagine that there is professional sign stealers or that they'd be the target.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I know that teams used to use a a series of three separate terms for for a given set of formation/routes/protection and continually change up what terms were used.

For example: you've got a route combo that you're calling "Vegas", it may be relayed in as "Sinatra" or "snake eyes".

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

i cannot remember who it was and this is bugging the crap out of me.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The entire defense did not wear them. Multiple did

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. In a game? Hard. Reviewing film of it full time? Inevitable.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some just know

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They will be branded as the Scarlett Cheaters rather than South Carolina over on this side of the mountains, no matter what happens. Between Clempsun and the North Carolina schools they will be relentless.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Still need that smoking gun though.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I wouldn't put it past Beamer to have sent a public facebook message to someone thanking them for the film. He doesn't seem overly bright.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I hope that goofy looking [uck fay] stays employed there for a decade

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So…….any evidence on their offense doing this?

VolDad likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not yet.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They don't care over here. The Twitters and some alternative facts are all they need and they are "Let's roll."