South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Nov 13, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, I am watching some of it right now, just for shits and giggles. We dropped in zone on defense and they just [uck fay]ing ate us up. Plus we looked like we had eaten a bunch of fried foods right before the game and were slow as shit. I am not seeing anything that is blatant, but I don't know enough about football to know.

Volsdude likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'll stomach as much of it as I can.

Watched first drive. Not sure how much they huddled all year, but they huddled before every play and didn't change at the line as best as I can tell.

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

All this talk about stealing plays just reminded me to give an obligatory [uck fay] you to ron zook circa 1991.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Thought of that yesterday.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

1997, Iguana bar downtown Nashville, had a little runin with Jack Sells after he asked us why tf we were staring at him.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Go on...

7. Ssmiff

Nothing came of it except Sells threatening to call police on my friend for threatening him when he told him something like on behalf of all Vol fans I’m gonna whip your ass.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I met my wife while we were both freshmen at Tennessee, we met in October. I spent the entire Florida game yelling "[uck fay] you Ron Zook". Well, once we started talking she told me about the drunk guy yelling [uck fay] you Ron Zook she sat in front of.

Turns out, it was me

Ssmiff, Memtownvol, warhammer and 5 others like this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

fireronzook.com

Will never forget that.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If that ain't fate then I don't know.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Did you ever visit firecoachmeyer.com?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

13. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

Watched the first half. I don't see it. They led the whole game.

31-35 with 6:42 left in the 3rd...i forgot it was close game that late in the game.

Had to stop watching when it when GOAT entered the game.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I don't think the last piece is there. And without it, it is all conjecture.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The fact we scored 38 and they knew what was coming shows how remarkable the offense was last year. I don't know if we score 10 points this year under the same circumstances.

I can buy them knowing our defensive calls, too. They seemed to find the right spot every single play. Rattler played very well, but it's probably much easier knowing where the defense will be on each play.

16. Ssmiff

We had drama that week, a locker room fight, mlb suspended, night game SC Super Bowl against a desperate staff who tossed every play from the Florida game and opened it up against a surprised Banks who reacted by sitting in soft zone all night giving them throws. We were also down a lot of dbs iir. Just a perfect storm. SC didn’t need to steal signs to know our D calls that night.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think it's real. Beating Clemson the next week really adds to it. Yes, there was a perfect storm. I think we weather that storm if everything is on the up and up. The appeals to how the game went (so what if it was close for a long time and we scored 38 points) don't make much difference to me. Tennessee was miles better than SC. Just because nothing is popping out on the tape doesn't prove much. If SC had the plays they had the plays. We can't see inside their brains.

Anyway, if Michigan shared with SC I think it will come out because the dude doesn't have much incentive to keep it under wraps at this point. But I also don't think it's something that will come out in the next few days really.

The reports are that Michigan shared stuff with another team. If not South Carolina, who? Mainstream media personalities seem to think SC is most likely.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

My confidence that NCAA or any college governing body will do anything of significance is low.

Harbaugh and Michigan, maybe a little something? Beamer and UsC, nothing?

Basically, I think Beamer will take an "integrity" hit. Primarily because of the Wake Forest scandal, some will see the UsC cheating as probable, if not proven. This "integrity" hit may, or may not, follow him.

Competing coaches will use it with Mom & Dads if they think it will help them.

UsC doesn't care, they beat UT and Clempsun and will only fain concern if hard proof is presented.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. VanJake

VanJake Joe Milton Fan Club President

Did the GameDicks wear those wrist bands when they played Clemson?
    Did they wear them again at all?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What a shitty story.