Suck It, Droski.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LawVol13, Jan 19, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I just showed you the majority of his losses in the postseason his defense played well enough for him to win, yet all I get is ROFL. Btw how many points off manning turnovers are in those numbers too?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Peyton Manning = GOAT

Everyone agrees.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think we can safely say manning has far better receivers than Seattle does.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Of the games you just listed, how many were to the eventual super bowl champs?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I honestly do not think that is safe to say at all. Manning makes mediocre receviers look like HoFers. Brady can do the same thing.

Manning has over the years taken names you had never heard of and plugged them into the offense and won. Montana had some stinker games, too. So has Brady. So has every GOAT. But I think Manning has taken nobodies and done so much with them it is hilarious. The cat can play the QB position like no one I have ever seen, and he is my personal GOAT. Take my bias into account, of course.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so he's just unlucky? if you are going to be the GOAT shouldn't you beat the occasional good team in the playoffs?

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Montana had far fewer stinker games. and before we get the "rice" argument he also beat far better teams than manning has played because of the era. a lot of these guys on denvers current team hardly sucked. Reggie wayne hardly sucked. Edgerin James hardly sucked. marvin Harrison hardly sucked.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Lol. It's not about 1 game but it's about 1 game because it's about all these other games that matter more than 1 game that matters more than all these other games. That's your argument in a nutshell.

9. NorrisAlan

He has. This is his third super bowl.

Do you apply the eye-test at all to GOATs? Favre and Eli Manning play a lot alike to me, and they do not pass the eye-test. Aikman and Bradshaw had HoF quality as well, but I think they were beneficiaries of a different era and system. Both had incredible teams all over, not just on one side of the ball like post 1992 teams have to have.

Manning, imho, simply plays the game a different level. He has had some real stinker moments, but everyone has. He has also had some horrible luck. But my eye tells me he is simply the best to ever play the position, but I would never argue about anyone that offers up Unitas, Montana, Elway, Brady, etc.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Actually Kyle Orton was probably the passer on most of those.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Avoiding the question.

12. NorrisAlan

I never said sucked. Mediocre NFL players are top notch quality players, some of the best atheletes in the world. Manning just takes em from middle of the pack to HoF level.

13. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

he also played for the bill belicheck of that era and for a team that, before the salary cap, would spend as much as anyone, with the exception of dallas.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Manning has now had two games in the playoffs that were each won by one score with his offense never having to punt. They only punted once last night. Does that tell you what has been expected of his offenses?

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what? does it take one game to win a super bowl?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Laughing pretty hard at numbers from '99 and 2000 meaning jack shit.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The team he took to the Super Bowl against the Saints was one of the worst ever to make it that far. They weren't good to begin with and due to injuries were pretty much down 10 starters.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

favre is 13-11 in the postseason (better than manning) and has the same number of super bowl wins that manning has. also has one super bowl loss just like manning. the only way you can elevate manning over favre is if you tell me the regular season is more important than the post season.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't really want to look it up and frankly I don't give a shit. it's a loser argument. Rodgers lost to the giants at home , eventual super bowl champs, and played like shit. that loss was on him. you don't here me pulling that card.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

how many super bowl winning qbs in the past 20 years have had legit HOF receivers?