The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. The Reds 4th pick, 2nd round #78 overall, was Tanner Rahier. SS/3B with plus power. Keith Law had him going to the Braves at 21 overall in his last mock draft. Great value.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Aroldis Chapman is stupid good.

3. Finished off the sweep today. 6 in a row.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The Reds offense is the best in the NL in June, so far.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Latos is starting to remind me of Eric Milton, with more velocity. He simply cannot keep the ball in the park.

6. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Bill Bray is the most worthless piece of shit to ever pitch in the major leagues. He's like a [uck fay]ing plague. For God's sake, finally release the son of a [itch bay].

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hey Latos, its about [uck fay]ing time son

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Keep an eye on Tony Cingrani. The majority of scouting reports have had him projected as a set-up guy or closer to this point, but then he supposedly figured out his changeup and his breaking ball started coming around. He already has "elite" control, which is cool for a kid that throws 95 when starting and 98 or better in relief. Check out his combined stats for this year in high-A Bakersfield (keep in mind the California League is a very good offensive league and tough as hell on pitchers) and AA Pensecola. http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=571561

Oh yeah, and he also happened to pitch 8 innings and strike out 15 last night. Cingrani solid in win | Pensacola News Journal | pnj.com

I am starting to get excited about this kid, as with the help of professional league pitching coaches, he seems to be putting it together. It's also nice to have a lefty in the system. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump to Triple-A relatively quickly. If he gets that breaking pitch worked out, he could be a dark horse to make the team next spring.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh yeah, and the Reds have now signed all of their picks from the first 10 rounds in this years' draft.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Holy shit Latos

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That sweep in the first series out of the break is a big momentum builder. Now Jock needs to go out and get Carlos Quentin. He could be the piece that pushes this team over the top.

12. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

The reds need to make some serious noise this season. They have all the pieces in place and the Central is theirs to lose. Cards are having a down year and the Pirates are still the Pirates.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

has anybody ever done the all you can eat seats at the ball park?

i'm heading up there for the Cubs weekend and am curious if this deal is worth it or not in the sense that i'll have other options besides popcorn or hotdogs.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I haven't, but it is almost criminal to go to a game in Cincy without eating Skyline Chili in some form

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Votto out three to four weeks

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'd rather eat my own butt pis after a night of bud light, tequila and Krystal's.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

But I do love the stadium.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

For real? ****, I love that shit. The Skyline, not Doozer butt ****

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

For real. That's got to be the worst food on planet earth. I wouldn't feed it to my dog.

Where is the bet place to sit?

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Homer Bailey continues to be lights out, and I am enjoying every minute of it.