The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. I like the Bengals but don't follow them religiously or anything.

Latos has settled down nicely after a rough first inning.

2. Reds win. 10 in a row. Cards and Pirates both lost today. 3 up on the Pirates and 7.5 up on the Cards. If the Nats lose the Reds will be in sole possession of the best record in the NL. If the Nats and Yankees lose the Reds will have the best record in baseball.

3. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Am gonna try to get to reds-cubbies at wrigley next week. Either thursday night or friday day game.

4. Jealous. I have always wanted to go to Wrigley.

Here is an interesting second (or possibly third) hand rumor I saw on Redszone

Edit: rumor was bogus. Poster sourced a fake Rosenthal twitter account.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I've been there but it was 15 yrs ago, my freshman yr of high school. Looking forward to it. 6 days in chicago should be a good time.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Grab breakfast at the Pick Me Up Cafe on Clark St. near the stadium. Wonderful, weird place.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I wouldn't call myself a Bengals fan - but my wife is from Cincinnati so I follow them reasonably closely ... I'm going to try to make it to more games now that it's easier to visit...well...after this fall..won't be traveling with the new baby....

8. Via the real Ken Rosenthal...

Add #Reds to list of teams after Choo. Would be ideal as leadoff man, needed LH bat. Again, #Indians reluctant. Choo very tough to replace.

Adding Choo would make this team the favorites in the NL for sure.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Choo would be huge, but I am not sure who you take out of this lineup right now. Wish there was a left handed shortstop with a good bat out there.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If you get Choo, you bench Ludwick/Heisey in about as long as it takes to write C-H-O-O.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think Heisey would probably have to move in that deal. I have reservations about benching Ludwick right now because of how he is hitting

12. hatvol96

I never have reservations about benching a player in favor of someone who is better.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Long term, no doubt. I think I would move Frazier to cleanup in that situation and move Phillips to second in the order.

14. Frazier is not in the lineup tonight. Could just be an off day but the timing is worth taking note of. I do not want him traded. I'm worried.

15. Drew Stubbs is ****ing hot. HR off Volquez.

16. hatvol96

If I'm Jocketty, the only move I'd consider making is going to get a veteran Derek Lowe type pitcher. The Latos and Marshall trades cleaned the system out to the point that it would be near impossible to get an impact player without dealing Hamilton, Cingrani, or Corcino.

17. hatvol96

Well, might as well get it all out of their system in one night.

18. hatvol96

On the bright side, I get the sneaky suspicion Pittsburgh is starting to hit the wall.

19. hatvol96

60 games left. 3 up on the Pirates, 7 on the Cardinals. Couldn't ask for better positioning.

20. hatvol96

If the Matt Garza talk is legit, the Reds are convinced they can win it all this year.