The Final Bow

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Low Country Vol, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Hopefully it's not Prince himself, but only because I don't want to be bombarded with tributes for the next month and a half.... The Bowie thing was bad enough.

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Wow. RIP, Prince.

3. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

He gone, that's double talk by the spokesman for the Sheriff's Office because notification hasn't been made.

Crosses fingers it was Charlie Murphy

4. Savage Orange

Looks like I'll be avoiding the radio for the next few weeks....

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Prince would be shocking. He's, actually, a very underrated musician, exceptionally talented and could play almost any instrument.

6. Savage Orange

Apparently he's added the harp to his repertoire.....

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Wow; only 57.

8. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Too soon

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I always found it interesting that he stayed in Minnesota after his success.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Pretty sucky year so far.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh look, Prince was everyone's favorite musician. Didn't know that. Thought it was Michael Jackson. and Whitney Houston. Etc.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ray Barone's mom died. That impacts me more than Prince. Shame he was so young though.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I listened to Purple Rain probably a million times growing up. That's about it, though.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Agreed. He was underrated and underappreciated. The dude was a phenomenal musician and had involvement with a number of other acts back in the 80s. The dispute with his label did his image no favors.

16. Savage Orange

Bowie. More Bowie fans surfaced in the weeks after his death than he ever had his entire career combined. It's the Georgia Tech syndrome... You never see any Tech fans at all (even in Atlanta!) until they beat Georgia. They ought to change their mascot to the termite the way they crawl out of the woodwork....

17. MWR

MWR Contributor

While I was not a fan of his music, I certainly appreciated his ability as a songwriter, performer and artist.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Cannot believe he is dead. And only 57 years old. When Doves Cry is still one of my favorite songs, perhaps because of when it came out. I was 13/14 years old, and that time period really formed my music tastes.

He wrote a ton of songs that are great, and not all of them were made famous by him. I believe the Bangle's Manic Monday was written by Prince. And of course, Nothing Compares 2 You by Sinead O'Connor.

One of his best songs is Sign O' the Times. Apparently YouTube will not allow it up on the site, so I cannot link it here.

Sad, sad day.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He wasn't really my style, but he was a musical genius

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This. Not a fan but sad news none the less.