The Holly Warlick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The disrespect being shown to Paul Schaeffer itt is appalling.

Have to agree w the schadenfreude. We've been subjected to years and years of mediocre basketball on the men's side. Hiring whoever instead of Bill Self, etc.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've been debating going full troll on social media for my own entertainment value.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Do it.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And for that, she needs to publicly flogged

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

If only there was a young coach out there with a strong pedigree who won't put up with the kind of bullshit on the court right now.

6. CardinalVol

Is said coach ready for this job though?

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The Lady Vols program is the "gift" that just keeps on giving.

I wish our other SEC counterparts would be so similarly "blessed".

And the lady already has a street named after her and a statue, that court has zero business being named "The Sunmitt". Political correctness run amok and on the grandest scale. Again.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bring Jimmy Dykes to Knoxville!

9. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

10. Tenacious D

He's currently 9-8 this season, has lost any game of consequence (many by double digits) and is 25-23 overall at LaTech. And that's with Mickie DeMoss, his mom's long time friend and arguably her best assistant, sitting on the bench with him.

I'm not sure what evidence is available to support his being hired, or which supports any hope that he'd be any better than what we have right now, absent his last name.

11. Tenacious D

But, of course, it makes sense that Lady Vols fans will clamor to hire Tyler, you know, in honor of Pat and all.

Because that's why you hire a coach, to honor a former one.

12. CardinalVol

I can only surmise that no one ever thought that Warlick would be this awful and would be able to hold ship until Tyler was "ready". Oops.

I respect Pat's accomplishments and still think for pure coaching there aren't going to be many better than her across all sports, and I respect Tyler for the way he's tried to go about it (it's impossible for him to go at it "on his own"), but I'm still chuckling over all of this. It's just entertainment.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

if dave shart was serious about giving the double F U to the LadyVolistas, he'd take a dump truck of money up Connecticut and bring Geno down here

14. CardinalVol

I would donate to this cause. Would be the best laughs I ever got.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A shitty coach at Louisiana Tech that's only relevant because of his last name? Sounds like the perfect fit at Tennessee.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Since this debate now has us looking up LaTech women's basketball statistics and stories, I have to say perhaps we've reached a new low. At least I feel like I have. I'll say this and let it go saving myself any dignity I have left. By all accounts he took over a complete dumpster fire there, and certainly not anywhere close to the 80s version of LaTech. His record is better than the two year prior to his arrival.

I think the more likely replacement should be Nikki Caldwell, now Fargas.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Post-Wooden UCLA. UT will probably not be relevant in women's basketball for another 30 years as the sheep hold on to all things Pat Summit and her coaching tree.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Every time a women's program isn't winning people begin clamoring to bring in dykes.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I feel like you are insinuating there is, but I know nothing of these coaches.