The Orange Dog Rises

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KingWebbsticles, Jun 13, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We should be feeding the mother[uck fay]ing blue tick

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I can't stop laughing. This should make me incredibly sad. Instead, I'm guffhawing. SMU has June Jones and Larry Brown as its coaches and we have Precious Doofus and Cuonzo Martin(who I actually believe in, but is certainly not Larry Brown) in charge. It's just too damn funny. Kudos, Mike Hamilton.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It gets even worse when considered side-by-side with this. [​IMG]

Which one screams professional, which screams amateur?

4. hatvol96

Compare that farce to the tweet Trae Golden sent out showing the sheet Cuonzo gives each of his players. You tell me who seems to be a real leader and who is an utter clown.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Realistically, what's the ceiling for Larry Brown at SMU?

6. hatvol96

Great minds think alike.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Spot on.

8. hatvol96

Build it up really nicely for five or six years and turn over a program perfectly capable of competing in the new Big East to Tim Jankovich. Could he catch lightning in a bottle and snag a couple of great classes and make a run at the Final Four? Sure, he's that good a coach. I just think it's more likely that he builds a solid culture and Jank gets to reap the benefits.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wouldn't be really in favor of June Jones in Knoxville. I guess it'd be an upgrade, though.

10. hatvol96

Pretty sure June Jones doesn't have to resort to the use of crudely drawn cartoons to get his points across.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I am embarassed by that idiot in charge of UT's football program. Many years ago, I coached middle school football. If I had rolled this bullshit out, I would have been the laughingstock of a bunch of 7th and 8th graders. It's that bad. I keep thinking that this can't be legit. Then, I realized that the coach is Precious Dooley, and sadly, I am no longer surprised. Will there be anything left by the time this guy is done? Un-freakin-believable.

12. hatvol96

I would ask how this is playing over at VN, but I fear I already know the answer.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You guys know thirty years from now that Dooley will be mentioned among the likes of Goff, Dinardo, and Scott for his impact on the league? You know, the not good kind of impact.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The guy that did nothing for 3 years and managed to get paid roughly $11 million to do it.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You do know the answer. Apparently Volly is the most insightful fan in UT history. She 'get's it' while those that are knocking the hell out of that kindergarten shit are just a bunch of idiotic rubes incapable of understanding Precious' genius. Must be the pom-pom pants.

Of course you have the usual suspects defending this idiocy: spatacavolus, negateer (what was his old name?), importedvol, etc....

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Groves, we need to watch a game together. Your witty banter will be a nice respite for the on-field performance.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't make it to Atlanta but I may be up there for the Mizzou game.

I tend to cuss like a sailor during games, I'm going to have to get the little man ear plugs for a few years.

18. hatvol96

I used to think it was an act with her. Incredibly, it's not. She's really that eaten alive with stupid.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Be prepared for the funny stares, parents covering their kids ears, and the “We don’t talk like that around here” comments.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The clarity of vision for the current state of the football team and it's Ambrose Burnside leader is refreshing. Who knows, maybe Dooley will follow further in Burnsides footsteps and get an eponymous hairstyle when people have forgotten how terribly bad he was. The general outlook (realistic as opposed to idealistic) of the football team is much easier to deal with from what I saw from the limited lurking I had done at other Vol boards. I'm glad I joined here. Sure we want to be good, but pretending that we are isn't going to make it happen.