the stadium turf.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 16, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People that work on it say it's a little better but still not likely to hold up until November

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I hate doing anything when it gets above 85°.

3. JayVols

As to the turf, our Ag teacher has done a helluva job on our field. It got killed last year from soccer (girls & boys) and the last game last year was like playing in a swamp it rained so hard.

That was bad, but our soccer coach's refusal to even practice somewhere other than the field is what is really destroying it. It's no surprise that he also refuses to do any upkeep work and/or contribute a dime to upkeep from his budget. Just reason 9874923197 of why I hate soccer.

But our guy has it looking really good along with NY mowing it 3 times/week. UT should give them a call.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My high school coach had that fight with the soccer coach in high school, it ended with "this is an American football field"

5. JayVols

As it should.

Want to play soccer? Leave the US. I could get behind a Trump presidency if he promised to add soccer to his deportation list.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Times they are a changin'. That said, all the coaches should work together to maintain the field. Practicing 5 days a week, playing on it on Saturday's or whenever, rain or shine, is stupid. Yeah, soccer might not have 300 pound bulls smashing each other in the trenches, but it doesn't matter. You can tear up that grass even at 150 pounds and just running around on it.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

The high school soccer coach was a [penis] that coached to stare at under aged girls in short shorts. He didn’t get along with anyone

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read from folks who saw it. But look at how the grass comes up roots and all in August. It will be clods by November

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Compaction creates bare spots. A lot of compaction practicing set pieces near the box. Gotta mix up where you practice. Games don't hurt much, practice does as much as football

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Soccer is way harder on a field than football

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I can think of one thing I love doing when it is that hot.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Does it involve jean shorts and rollerblades?

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We had our own soccer field. It was nice. Cool story.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

No rollerblades

[​IMG]

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Private school kid, I'm assuming

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My high school was located on Magnolia Ave, so yeah, but not really. The field was the only thing we had that was our own.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cool story, bro

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We did have a practice field behind the school that was shared with the football team in the spring.

The details keep getting cooler.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bro-tastic

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nothing worse than end of the season practices as a goal keeper. If it rains, you're basically wallowing in the 6 yard box.