The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ours had a glitch in it and you could become a trillionaire. You just had to be patient.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I found this very interesting, and I know nothing about economics or logistics, so I cannot vouch for its veracity, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dogecoin

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Autonomous driving is well on its way to becoming the norm. I hope overland truck drivers are looking at other work.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Biden. There, I just saved them some time

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

consumer sentiment dropped to the lowest level of the pandemic and the market is barely down. market just doesnt' want to correct.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think more like the Fed isn't letting it correct till it pops and is going to get ugly

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fed can only do so much

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

correct and will only make it worst long term

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You've been saying this for like 10 years. At what point do you think it'll actually happen?

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

How long can we keep printing money till inflation becomes something we can't ignore anymore?

Because once rates have to go up, none of this is sustainable and will strain us just to service the debt that we've took on

The bubble was supposed to relieve pressure in 16' but Trump winning pushed that down the road with easing of regulations, but not fixing other core issues.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

people have been saying this since the day we went off the gold standard. it's far worse now theoretically then it was then, but so far it hasn't blown up. i think you'd see some sort of temporarily inflationary panic spike first and then see it settle down which hasn't happened yet.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

apparently for a very long time

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think a lot of everyday American's are feeling the pressure now, and it's going to trickle up.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there's definitely been a spike, but the question is if it's a long term or short term thing. i think we are going to see higher inflation than what we've seen before, but not hyper inflation.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yes, Volst53 has been saying this since we went off the gold standard. I'm just wondering when it is actually going to occur.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's already lasted longer than they said it would.

I don't see how it isn't going to be extremely sticky

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah but these aren't hyper inflation levels.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I didn’t say they were.

But is going to put a lot of politicians in a bind because the people hate it at these levels, but they can’t do much about it

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not if it passes through to wage inflation which i think it will.