The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I'm too stubborn to stop the heavy lifting. My shoulder is jacked up from football so can't do over heard stuff or it locks up/pops out of socket and when I bench it feels like it's on fire.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I do something similar but more often. I do chest one day, next is legs, next arms, next back and next shoulders. That way I've got 5 days of workout per week with a couple days off. I run 3 on and 1 off. Seems like a load, but my workouts tend to only be about 30-45 minutes so they aren't mentally grueling and my runs are about 45 minutes at a comfortable pace.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I have a left shoulder issue that is becoming a problem in my golf swing and I can't seem to shake it. I know it's rotator cuff and I work at strengthening it, but it doesn't help much. Had similar problems end my pitching career on the other arm, but it doesn't bother me in the least when I'm lifting.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I started back August 1st. Weighed in at 213.8. Goal is 180 by Thanksgiving. Down to 208.4 in 2 weeks.

So far I'm hitting the gym 45 minutes a day 4 days a week and trying to walk at least 30 minutes 2 others days. End result is to net between 1200-1500 calories a day, aiming for the 1200. On gym days I do two days of simple chest exercises and two days of simple arm/back and then do 20-25 minutes cardio. It's not as much as you die hards, but it's all I can squeeze in time wise now. After I get down to 180, I plan on doing to a more weight driven plan.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Basically I have normal strength when benching, it just burns pretty bad, but can't do anything over my head. I stopped playing FB @ Austin Peay because well it was AP and who wants to go through all that at a crappy school, but every time I landed on it if I got tackled it would pop out of socket and my arm would go numb.

It was surgery or take it to the house- so I took it to the house.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Aging issue, JMO IMO.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can rep heavy weight maybe twice before my shoulder pops and my elbow goes numb.

I can still get decent weight on my bench but over the head stuff is all light stuff

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Chest one day. Arms one day. Shoulders one day. Steroids every day. Sit ups and other random ab stuff and/or ride the bike whenever off day I feel like it, which is maybe once a week.

9. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

*WOD

For Max Combined Load:
    Deadlifts - 12 x 1,
    3 warm-up sets allowed before starting.
    Add bars for score.

345# x 1, 325# x 1, 330# x 7, 315# x 3

12 sets = 3,925#

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Ran 4 miles on Monday, 2 on Tuesday and worked out legs, 3 miles Wednesday and did core exercises. Today was upper body... my shoulders aren't happy. The glutamine should help that though. Will probably wake up and run in the morning again.

We start post deployment block leave next Friday and I'm told we are going to start doing Crossfit when we get back. At 5:30 am, before regular PT. Yay for early mornings.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

This thread is for [ussies pay].

Going to start my own thread, that only I will post in, for huge [uck fay]in' dudes who lift huge [uck fay]in' weight.

12. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I finally got disciplined with my diet. Plain Oatmeal for breakfast with 3 equals, baked chicken and brown rice for lunch and eat it again a few hours later, i'll eat a baked potato with a little Molly McButter in it. drink 3 protein shakes a day and then i take creatine during my workout. My buddy has been doing this for a long time and he's a natural bodybuilder so i'm hoping it will work for me.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

so u are at around 145 lbs now?

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'm doing a simple full body routine three days a week, alternating two workouts. In and out in about 45 minutes.

15. Tex_Volfan.

I use to use glutamine for muscle recovery and soreness. I now use fish oil only, and I find it works 10x better. I've had improved joint flexability also. It's also very cheap. Have you ever tried it?

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yeah, I've never had joint problems outside of my ankles. You can get glutamine powder for $10 and it lasts about a month.

17. Tex_Volfan.

I paid around $8 for 100 softgels. I take 2 a day.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I might try it when the Glutamine runs out, but I take a scoop after morning PT and a scoop either after an afternoon workout or at night.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I remember back when, cheap fish oil could give you nasty breath. To get the good pills that wouldn't mess with your breath, it was closer to $30 for a bottle. Is that not true anymore?

20. Tex_Volfan.

I've never had a problem with it. Did you take a liquid form?