Update on a few recruits

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2012.

1. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Less words.

I bet Cuonzo can be terrifying when he's angry. That quality in a basketball coach who demands perfection is highly attractive, imo.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

1348843561096-uploadscreenshot-dot-com.jpg

Any guesses as to where he lands?

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Georgetown has been strongest the longest, so I'll take them.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's been the general consensus from the media. I just wanted to see what you all thought.

5. hatvol96

Rimmer is no longer a focus. My guess is that UT simply likes other guys better. That seems to be the case for most if the teams recruiting him. I get the impression everyone considers him a good, not excellent, prospect and want to attempt to sign better before they turn to him.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I see that Nichols is going to finish his officials by going Duke the week, Auburn the following, and then Tennessee....Tennessee being the last visit and having a 2 week buffer from his Durham visit has to be a positive eh?

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Double post

8. hatvol96

That would be my assessment.

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Martin is very well respected by college coaches as well as AAU types. He is about as solid of a person as you can be.

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

There are so many great coaches that have never sniffed a FF because of where they coach.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In a thread titled "Rob(Lewis) pack your bags and let's do lunch for the Nichols presser", Galilee says that he just received a text and CCM is all smiles. FWIW

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Hmmm....

John Martin‏@JohnMartinCA
    Briarcrest F Austin Nichols will be in attendance at Memphis Madness, he tells the CA. And it's not a favor. Interest is serious.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Here is some more info.....

14. hatvol96

Sounds like someone is trying to create some drama for their ESPNU televised announcement.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Odds that Cuonzo could have any hand in this at all to try and make sure people that not only did he beat out Duke, but that he beat out Memphis for a hometown kid they wanted?

16. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Mom is a huge Memphis fan but she is upset with how some message board people at memphistigers.org are talking about her son.

#fact

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I still think he goes to Vandy

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Jason Smith, the Tiger beat writer, said today on the Chris Vernon Show in Memphis that he thought Memphis is out for Nichols. Tennessee vs. Auburn and he was taking Tennessee.

Pitchforks and kerosene soaked stakes are being prepared in Memphis as we speak.

19. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I don't think most fans ever thought we had a real shot. Pastner turned up the heat late though.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No doubt. I still think Don Meyer is one of the best ever.

SetVol13 likes this.