Video shows punch thrown by FSU QB De'Andre Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Jul 6, 2015.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Combined with stupidity and ego. You can survive with 2/3. 3/3 will cause problems.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Yep. Doesn't mix well at all.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'd hit that.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Not joking at all. Articulate why it isn't the same justification. What's the reason behind never hitting a female other than "it's not really a fair fight"? Articulate it for me.

5. kidbourbon

It's like you didn't understand anything I wrote. More than that, you didn't merely misunderstand it, but you understood it as a 180 degree rotation of what I wrote. Or are we playing the opposite game?

6. kidbourbon

Patience is the difference?

What was the rationale when you would intervene before?

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

For me...

The older me can grasp repercussions before the fact. The younger me didn't. And the younger me would fight a small toddler, or a brick wall. The questions would come post-fact back then.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This is what I do to little shits who try to steal my Christmas presents:
    [​IMG]

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Had it coming.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I liked fighting.

Patience may not be the best word, but younger me would jump right in the middle of stuff swinging just because. I've had my ass whipped a few times because of it, but I've won a few too.

Now, I've got a wife, two kids and a business. It's just not worth it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Surely you see and understand the distinction? If not, then I truly do not see the point. Clearly you and I do not share in the same ethics.

SN: Obviously, there are exceptions for instance, preservation.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I understood. Incorrect. No. If someone w/ a Napoleon Complex thinks they can get away with "free punches to the face" they are not only deserving but indeed, will receive an ass whuppin'. Hell, depending on the locale may even get cut or shot

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Unless they're a woman. Then its wrong to treat them like you'd treat any other POS throwing punches.

14. kidbourbon

The younger me liked fighting too. A lot. Hell, I htink the current me still likes fightiing, but maybe not quite as much as he dislikes picking up assault charges. So, yeah, I've added a filtering layer, but deep down I still wanna punch people in the face.

I have a story about me jumping in the middle of something at Fiction nightclub in Knoxville in 2002 that I sometimes enjoy telling. Makes me laugh, at least.

15. kidbourbon

And my whole point is that females are just dudes with Napoleon complexes if they get to punch people in the face and nothing happens as a result.

Stated differently, I've punched a lot of faces in this life of mine, but I can assure you that I would have punched many many many more faces if the immediate counterpunch were a non-factor. Many many many more. Three many's. I mean, that's totally a part of the calculus anytime you punch somebody in the face. And so anytime you give sometone a "free punches to the face' pass, more punches ot the face are going to flow as a result than would normally occur wihtout such a pass.

So isnt' it a terrible idea to give anyone a 'free punch to the face' pass? Even chicks?

16. kidbourbon

Is this sarcasm?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my favorite is when some chick goes off and the bf is sitting sheepishly next to her with a look that says "i hope she's not going to get my ass kicked."

18. kidbourbon

You ever seen a fight involving black girls?

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I was agreeing with you.

20. kidbourbon

Well then you were obviously right.