Video shows punch thrown by FSU QB De'Andre Johnson

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, Jul 6, 2015.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How does that make unprovoked hitting OK exactly? No one is arguing for people to deck the nearest woman for no reason, just like no one is arguing to punch the nearest dude. We're talking retaliation and treating women as equals. That's what they say they want, no double standard.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When her weak ass left handed tap has the same force and power as his punch then you might have a point.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Makes no difference when a weak dude tries to be tough. Being unable to take what you dish out doesn't excuse you from being an idiot.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Tell that to De'Andre Johnson and Ray Rice.

If you had to guess why society and the law punishes folks like Rice and Johnson; what would you guess?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Is it OK to punch a woman after she slaps you?

How about if she draws back her fist preparing to strike you; is it Ok to proactively punch her?

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Your parents must be proud.

Yes, actions have consequences as you have choices. And of all options available that do not include violent recourse it's sad you chose to strike back. Makes you no different than Johnson and the like.

Okay, now that we know you're are a proponent of violence against women curious, if you hold the same stance for (boy or girl) minors?

Too, if you have sister(s), a girlfriend or wife curious if they're aware of your position?

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Yea, and also, what do you do if they're trans? They self identify as a man, but were born a woman?

And can you actually believe someone about their age (especially women, am I right?) or do you need to card them first?

I think prudence dictates you card first, then check the undercarriage, and then the birth certificate. Empanel a group of 9 unknown individuals, and vote on whether it is alright or not to "strike" the person, even though, technically, an argument could be made as to why it is never acceptable to throw a punch, ever. Boy, girl, man, woman, whatever.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Comparing a small man to a woman is stupid, unless we are talking about at 3'4" midget. A 150 pound man (that is a small man) is still stronger faster and hits harder than a 150 pound women, unless you are Rhonda Rousey. I am not saying that a women should just be able to slap and hit and punch the bejeezus out of a man, but that a man can quickly grab the woman or block some punches for crying out loud.

A man can dangerously hurt a woman with one punch. It is physiological.

And just because women want equal rights doesn't mean I cannot still be chivalrous about some things. And as always, there are exceptions to every rule, and there is no blanket "never hit women" that can hold water in every situation. But in a bar? Come on. Especially when you are a huge football player.

EDIT: And let me preface this by the saying I have not been in a fight since I was 8 years old. You can avoid most fights by simply walking away. Mix in alcohol and ego, and it is a nasty mix that leads to a lot of bad things happening.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  9. fl0at_

150 pounds is actually about average. About right at average. Small. The new average. Math.

10. NorrisAlan

150 is average for a man? In the USA? You got to be joking, right?

11. fl0at_

The average height of an American male falls somewhere between 5'9 and 5'10. The average weight for this height is pretty much 150 pounds.

Further, the demographic in question--the drink too much at a bar and get in a fight demographic, is firmly skewed toward the left on the age line. And younger people are typically less heavy--higher metabolism, not as much money for food, no kids to feed at 3 am, so they don't hit the fridge, etc etc.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's saying what their bmi should be not what it is. I think the average weight is now 185.

The average American woman now weighs the same as the average America male from the 60's

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've never actually punched a woman; however, I'm not going to vilify a guy for throwing a quick one back just because it was a woman that threw the first one rather than a guy. If an adult tries to start shit whether its a woman or man, you better be prepared to handle the repercussions whether its a punch back, a knee to the balls, or a beer over the head.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm cool with retaliation which means she has to land the first blow. I'm a big eye for an eye guy.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well they're big scary black guys. Look at the difference between them and Hope Solo.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

A beer over the head is a good way to end up in jail.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There are many different ways to handle these situations. I think throwing one back is perfectly acceptable, but not mandatory.

18. NorrisAlan

So her slap and his slap had the same force applied? If you are an eye-for-an-eye kind of dude, did you say justice was enacted then?

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Is it OK to punch a woman after she slaps you?

How about if she draws back her fist preparing to strike you; is it Ok to proactively punch her?

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I can't say there is a situation where I would hit a woman. I might restrain her hands if she is repeatedly slapping me or something, but I'd never hit one.